haroldcastaneda
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: WW-18.0840.2111.200
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Suddenly started happening
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My fingerprint scanner is not working properly. The fingerprint option doesn't show up on lock screen or in security settings. I tried the SMMI_TEST and it says the hardware failed the test.
6 REPLIES 6

I had the same issue, dropped my phone which seemed to make the fingerprint scanner stop working properly, and also popped out the sim. Sim card tray reset fixed the sim issue, but fingerprint scanner would light up on touch but not unlock the phone. I could still register new prints but it wouldn't let me unlock. After a reboot the fingerprint unlock option was missing from settings.

I powered off the phone, faced it downwards on a wooden table and pushed against the back of the phone side to side firmly in the location shown in this picture. Might have reseated the connectors a bit because the fingerprint scanner now works like a charm

Thanks, it worked for me too! The ultrasonic triggers were not working earlier either, but now they are.