This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 5 bit perfect. Native dsd support. Usb issues.

ChillyRide
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5 ZS673KS
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android itself
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since android 10 google made some audio improvements but every phone with DAC lost ability to play native dsd, also bit perfect dont work well, 32/384 audio converting to 24packed/384 with Rog Phone 5. Also there is no ASUS audio player and people need to buy one in order to play hi res audio. Its 2021, android 11, yet we have dame problems. If Asus put superb DAC in phone that capable to play native dsd 512 and 32float/384 than why we cant use the capability of this tech? I really hope that devs look at this post and fix this issue.
Second problem related to usb speed. In manual it says middle type C support usb 3.2 Gen 1 transfer rate and bottom 2.0. Why I got the same transfer speed at bottom and middle type C. Connected to pc via type c - type c in motherboard Asus crosshair viii. Its more than enough to reach this speeds.
1 REPLY 1

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ChillyRide

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5 ZS673KS
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android itself

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Since android 10 google made some audio improvements but every phone with DAC lost ability to play native dsd, also bit perfect dont work well, 32/384 audio converting to 24packed/384 with Rog Phone 5. Also there is no ASUS audio player and people need to buy one in order to play hi res audio. Its 2021, android 11, yet we have dame problems. If Asus put superb DAC in phone that capable to play native dsd 512 and 32float/384 than why we cant use the capability of this tech? I really hope that devs look at this post and fix this issue.

Second problem related to usb speed. In manual it says middle type C support usb 3.2 Gen 1 transfer rate and bottom 2.0. Why I got the same transfer speed at bottom and middle type C. Connected to pc via type c - type c in motherboard Asus crosshair viii. Its more than enough to reach this speeds.

Rog Phone 5 bit perfect. Native dsd support. Usb issues.
Posting your query in ROG 5 section would bring more attention to your query. Unfortunatly this is ROG 1st Gen discussion section. But no problem i will tag moderators on this this thread so that they can move this thread to ROG 5 discussion section in order to get a perfect solution on your query. @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS
Below thread is ROG 5 discussion section please use that for consideration of your future queries.👇👇
ROG Phone 5Thanks!