Aditya_191196
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog 5
Firmware Version:31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When wifi and hotspot is switched on together, hotspot is not detected by other devices. However on shutting down wifi and switchin on mobile data, hotspot gets detected by other devices. Cant use wifi and hotspot together after latest update though no such issue happened before.
11 REPLIES 11

Aditya_191196
Star I
Actually the issue got solved after a network reset. Thanks.

MBLGZT
Star I
Aditya_191196

Actually the issue got solved after a network reset. Thanks.

View post
I've tried it still can't

Aditya_191196
Star I
@MBLGZT can you describe what you are facing?

Willjoe
Star II
Solution #2:Turn WiFi OFF, then ON on the receiving device
In some instances, the internal WiFi modem on your phone might not be able to directly connect to a wireless network, even if you have previously connected to the same network with no problems. Turning the WiFi OFF on the receiver phone and switching it back ON might be able to solve the issue.
To switch your mobile WiFi OFF and ON, swipe down on your screen from the top edge to get the Quick Settings toggles and tap on the WiFi icon.
Alternatively, you can also access this option by opening the Settings app on your phone, selecting ‘Network and Internet’, and then toggling the switch adjacent to wifi to off and then off.
Solution #2: Restart your phone
Modern smartphones work similarly to that of computers and most of the time, fixing an issue just needs a simple fix which is to restart the phone. When a device is restarted, many low-level problems get resolved as your device’s cache and logs are clearing during the reboot process.
You can restart an Android device by pressing and holding the power button on your phone and then tapping on the ‘Restart’ option that pops up on the screen.

Regards,
Willjoe

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello Asus Team
@CH_ASUS, @ARP_ASUS, @Gustav_ASUS, @Irene2_ASUS

It would be wise to lean on the user @Willjoe , these messages are particularly ................."Censored" in addition to violating the copyright of the author since the we find in its ten messages the chapters word for word of the original site.
it is therefore either a Boot who tries the AI, or a person whose copy pasted is of no interest, outlawed and annoying for the current use of the discussion.
Thanks