This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 5 Ultimate battery drops to 0% in an instance. Like, KABOOM! kind of drop.

rp115640
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 2 times so far
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
There's something super weird with my phone. After the vibration stop working, which I choose to ignore it for now. The battery can drop to 0% in a blink of an eye. I'm not exaggerating. Take a look at these screenshots on 2 separate occasion.
screenshot-20220201-203703187-1.jpg
screenshot-20220205-174825697-1.jpg
Any idea what is causing this?
Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

k_huat
Rising Star II
OMG, nightmares started bro, good luck

FunBike31
Community Legend I
rp115640

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203884#Comment_203884

Yes, I've tried it. Here's my observation.

I let the battery depleted totally. Then I start charging it, and turn on the phone the moment it has enough juice. I let it charge fully, but it stuck at 99%. So I just stop charging and use as per normal to observe, and the same issue of KABOOM battery drop happen.

For my second attempt. I try charging the phone fully without turning the device on. This time it manage to get to 100%. And so far, the drastic battery drop seems to be rectified.

But now I cannot turn on my WIFI. It's like a queue of faults are waiting to greet me. Looks like I got to visit the service center anyway. I was trying to avoid this action until I've gotten ROG 6... Sigh...

View post
Lol, and you still want to buy the Rog 6 after ASUS attitude and their only "Visit service center" answer after 12 months of WIFI failure on several hundreds or thousands of devices.
this is an unacceptable response from ASUS and I sincerely hope that you will be a very small minority in this case to buy Asus products.
A device can have a serious malfunction but be treated differently by the manufacturer to minimize the impact on users, this has been done by XIAOMI and others.
For my part, whether it's PC, mobile or anything else, whether it's the best product in the world in its field, I'll settle for the best from another manufacturer.
The only case that could make me change my mind is an announcement in the press such as the resignation of the board of directors or leaders from strategic positions in finance, service, relations, etc.

rp115640
Star III
k_huat

OMG, nightmares started bro, good luck

View post
Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get.

rp115640
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204192#Comment_204192

Lol, and you still want to buy the Rog 6 after ASUS attitude and their only "Visit service center" answer after 12 months of WIFI failure on several hundreds or thousands of devices.

this is an unacceptable response from ASUS and I sincerely hope that you will be a very small minority in this case to buy Asus products.

A device can have a serious malfunction but be treated differently by the manufacturer to minimize the impact on users, this has been done by XIAOMI and others.

For my part, whether it's PC, mobile or anything else, whether it's the best product in the world in its field, I'll settle for the best from another manufacturer.

The only case that could make me change my mind is an announcement in the press such as the resignation of the board of directors or leaders from strategic positions in finance, service, relations, etc.

View post
Yeah, I get what you mean. I am seriously considering getting my next phone from another manufacturers.
But just like the reason I've gotten the Ultimate version for ROG 5 instead of the standard version. Because the rest of the phones' spec doesn't meet my requirement so far.