cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 throttle fiesta

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rog5.png
Iphone 12 throttling less than the so called "revolutionary redesigned cooling" on the Rog5.
meanwhile the Rog 3:
screenshot-20210726-232220187.jpg
I literally cannot believe that the passive cooling capabilities of the Rog5 is apparently worse than an Iphone 12.
33 REPLIES 33

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178520#Comment_178520

In terms of emulation the Mi11 literally outperforms the Rog5, has been tested by techutopia.

View post
That's why I said it can be compared,all of em suffer the same fate from 1 point to another

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

Many talk about the rog 5 without owning it, question its performance or battery life, compare it with a flashgrip or an iPhone.

Unfortunately, android is what it is and still needs more update than the ancestor windows 95, that a dialer update can break communications or the battery, Webview system break the net, google or any process. generating any bug, but criticizing the Rog 5 or Asus' responsiveness in the event of a bad update is in bad faith.

Check out "E-Got Tech" on Youtube for real tests to compare to other gaming specials if you don't have it, at least you can express yourself without delusional rants.

Yes, I have one, I find it some faults, but no others will be able to replace it. The only thing I regret is that the Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 didn't have a successor, otherwise I would never have needed a phone to play.

View post
Android is what it is eh? Guess the non throttling of the Rog3 is luck? Guess the red magic 6 doesn't throttle because luck as well?
Your arguments hold as much water as a paper bag.
You don't need to own a device in order to know it's bad. Guess what, if you stay under water for 30minutes without air you'll die, oh, guess youll have to try that yourself otherwise it can't be true, AMIRITE?
The problem is, that you're the delusional fanboy that has nothing. I delivered a screenshot of a real test on how the Rog5 throttles in comparison to others but....
... you want a gaming comparison in performance? Sure thing!
Rog 5 45FPS:
screenshot-20210531-071526379.jpg

Rog 3 57FPS:
screenshot-20210531-221518257.jpg

P.S. Shout out to Gaming DJ youtuber who also reported same problem as I have. We have exactly the same problem.

Tip of the iceberg, just because you're deluded and ignorant fanboy doesnt mean you should argue against people who paid money and want what they paid for. I had the Rog5 for a very very short time, the motion chip was enough for me to return it. Sadly some import the phone or buy it from sources where returning is a more painful procedure and some even have faith that ASUS will fix these issues, however what we learned from past generations (rog1,2 and 3) they arent exacly great at fixing things.

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
FunBike31

Many talk about the rog 5 without owning it, question its performance or battery life, compare it with a flashgrip or an iPhone.

Unfortunately, android is what it is and still needs more update than the ancestor windows 95, that a dialer update can break communications or the battery, Webview system break the net, google or any process. generating any bug, but criticizing the Rog 5 or Asus' responsiveness in the event of a bad update is in bad faith.

Check out "E-Got Tech" on Youtube for real tests to compare to other gaming specials if you don't have it, at least you can express yourself without delusional rants.

Yes, I have one, I find it some faults, but no others will be able to replace it. The only thing I regret is that the Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 didn't have a successor, otherwise I would never have needed a phone to play.

View post
Unfortunately but @Danishblunt I write the truth. I was the owner of Rog 2, currently using Rog 5 and I still have Rog 3.
The performance of Rog 5 is a distasteful joke, compared to Rog 3. Rog 5, even at the maximum clock speed of the processor, lacks performance, smoothness and FPS frames. And after reaching the temperature of about 43C (about 15 minutes after switching on the emulator) everything goes down. Instead of 2.69GHz, we have 1.76-1.90GHz. Rog 3 has the constant 3.09, no matter what the temperature is.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Lol, I love the word ignorant with the job I do 🙂
Otherwise, except Nvidia, I never like and never buy anything on this criterion and this is the first time that I have bought an Asus Smarphone.
I am fully satisfied with it for games and I do not see such poor performance, as well as others for that matter like this video or the Rog5 and Mi 11 do 60fps and this is just an example
"ROG 5 vs Xiaomi Mi 11 Speed test / Game comparison / PUBG / Snapdragon 888 flagships 2021"
other comparative tests of the 4 888 gaming smartphones with Genshin Impact give it 2nd in performance and 1st in autonomy.
For my part, I have 140-144 fps at 45 ° in RR3 and it suits me very well (I had, because since I activated the recording of the screen the fps went to 117-120? with or without current recording)
Here, I just hope to recover the autonomy that I lost, in standby and in games) with this last update.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@FunBike31
Perfect showcase of your ignorance.
Also I don't care about your job, as here on the forums people are self proclaimed whatever and have a strong tendency to lie about things.
Depending on what game you play NVIDIA has downright worse performance in esports titles due to driver overhead problems, not to mention that AMD GPU's don't blow up like RTX cards do and do not have limited power draw with encrypted vBIOS vs AMD's Bios that is literally stored in the registry which you can mod right there and run AMD cards at literally 3.3ghz (6900xt) coreclock.
OGS`s 3DMark - Fire Strike Extreme score: 37618 marks with a Radeon RX 6900 XTDepending on OC, AMD cards will pretty much win in most cases vs NVIDIA, the only time I can see NVIDIA being a clear winner is when you enable RTX, which is very debatable if it's even worth using in the first place. In terms of rasterization performance, AMD is king which is also the most important factor for the majority of gamers, as RTX is very niche right now and probably won't catch on as much, much like NVIDIA's previous technologies like hairworks and physX, but were drifting into theretory that isnt very phone friendly.

I am fully satisfied with it for games and I do not see such poor performance, as well as others for that matter like this video or the Rog5 and Mi 11 do 60fps and this is just an example
Because you're an ignorant normal user, powerusers who do actual loads suffer from the issue. If you're happy with the mainstream tier performance, good for you, however when you come here and tell power users they are lying because your ignorant ass cannot tell when a phone doesnt perform, then it's better keeping quiet.

"ROG 5 vs Xiaomi Mi 11 Speed test / Game comparison / PUBG / Snapdragon 888 flagships 2021"
Another brilliant showcase of your ignorance. Most games shown on that video are very light games that run fairly easily on even older gen phones, however lets get into the juicy part, when you go into the video and check out the pubg scene, you will notice how the rog5 has unstable framtimes, this triggers the majority of high skilled players here as it's not something you would expect from a gaming phone. This is also where the outrage comes from, also you would think when you see a system temp of 43c and CPU and GPU usage of around 20-40% i would think you'd start getting the picture, not to mention the incredibly long delay from touch input to game action which is nowhere near the advertised "25ms", but hey, you're not a competitive player so why would you even notice. The real kicker here is how you can see at 0.25speed that the xiaomi non gaming phone has lower input lag than the flagship gaming phone.

other comparative tests of the 4 888 gaming smartphones with Genshin Impact give it 2nd in performance and 1st in autonomy.
come-again-jpg.jpg
Come again? Rog5 literally the worst, it needs a fun cooler from black shark to even be considered somewhat in the same ballpark.
So before you start telling people to not talk about performance or imply they have to own it in order to critize it, maybe you should first get some knowledge how to test it, then test the phone and after that, you can take part in the discussion making actual valid points. So far all you have demonstrated is you don't know what you're talking about, have no idea how to identify problems and that you are content with sub par performance.