Punjabistyles
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello People,
Just got my rog phone 5. It is the global edition. But why is 5g not working? It was working on my rog phone 3 global edition with tmobile. Are any of you having the same issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Punjabistyles
Star I
I am only getting 4g on tmobile..is Asus going to fix this on a 1000 dollar global edition phone? Really pissed.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Punjabistyles

screenshot-20210425-203854031.jpg

I am only getting 4g on tmobile..is Asus going to fix this on a 1000 dollar global edition phone? Really pissed.

View post
Not really in ASUS control. They cannot fix this because its your mobile carrier that whitelists devices, if you're not on their whitelist you won't be able to connect, even tho you have a fully functioning 5G modem. Best course of action is to contact your mobile carrier and ask them to whitelist your device.

Punjabistyles
Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164200#Comment_164200

Not really in ASUS control. They cannot fix this because its your mobile carrier that whitelists devices, if you're not on their whitelist you won't be able to connect, even tho you have a fully functioning 5G modem. Best course of action is to contact your mobile carrier and ask them to whitelist your device.

View post
Thanks for your response, whitelist means to tell them ass my phone imea to their list?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Punjabistyles

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164395#Comment_164395

Thanks for your response, whitelist means to tell them ass my phone imea to their list?

View post
Exacly that. Most carrier have whitelist due to people abusing 5g connection as broadband