This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Reposted)Fingerprint not working working/armoury crate version is not for my phone

Idk
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2109.176
Rooted or not:not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:After I got my phone back from the service center
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone had those issues which everyone have,the wifi/hotspot stopped working and shortly after the phone died and never worked again.Sent it to the service center,the motherboard got replaced and I got my phone back after 2 weeks.
After I turned on the phone,I saw that the armoury crate version that I have is not for the normal Rog phone 5(the one with the rog logo on the back,that I own) ,it is for the Rog Phone 5 Pro(the one with the screen on the back).
I also tried to use the fingerprint,but it didn't work at all.I did a test on the calculator using ".12345+="and it says that the fingerprint is working.
I think they installed a wrong firmware version on my phone and thats why the fingerprint and the rgb is not working.
Anyways....How can you guys do such mistakes?Man..
I attached some pictures,explaining my issues much better
Waiting for a Asus mod to reply bc they havent done anything last time.I just hope I wont have to send it to a service center again.
screenshot-20211027-132623600.jpg
screenshot-20211027-132633792.jpg
screenshot-20211027-133355948.jpg
screenshot-20211027-133409084.jpg
received-858020611573168.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Asus still hasn't answered you !!!!

Idk
Star III
FunBike31

Asus still hasn't answered you !!!!

View post
Even if they do,I can bet they will tell me to do a factory reset or something(already did) and tell me to get it to the service center

k_huat
Rising Star II
Well, this is Asus.. what to expect

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Just change your phone backdoor with rog 5s pro and you will be fine 🤣