This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to Xmode issue on Rog phone 5.

When we turn on Xmode in Rog phone 5 it reduces its performance from 2.84 ghz to 1.33ghz, Even after Couple of Updates Still facing this problem, We need to know when it will be fixed. But make sure Don't Reduces it's performance no matter how much this device getting hot.
screenshot-20210820-133412463.jpg

========================================

7 REPLIES 7

Lord_Messi

X mode will burn your device

This device is very hot even if you use it for daily use

Even dynamic mode hot like hell when you use it for gaming

They need to fix this phone temp first before allow X mode to run at highest speed

View post
But what about its performance they are doing same thing like OnePlus does it simply downgrade it's performance. Ok I don't care what OnePlus does but Asus give some option to use full chipset performance if temp crosses 50°c then it downgrade chipset performance but that is not the case it downgrades as i starts any heavy task like gaming.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182361#Comment_182361

Yeah

It's very hot and not comfortable at hands

Do something about it

View post
You can't deny physics. The phone is designed this way.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
dharmeshrajan66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182319#Comment_182319

But what about its performance they are doing same thing like OnePlus does it simply downgrade it's performance. Ok I don't care what OnePlus does but Asus give some option to use full chipset performance if temp crosses 50°c then it downgrade chipset performance but that is not the case it downgrades as i starts any heavy task like gaming.

View post
The performance downdrade is happening to save the internals from not dying. The way ASUS has designed the Rog5 wasn't exacly great, it dissapates heat through the front and back, however tehre is a severe bottleneck on the back of the phone trapping the heat right there.