It's hard to say, it depends on several different factors for each user.
1* Security Patch
- Important if you install APKs that do not come from the PlayStore or if you use Internet, messaging, and other applications indiscriminately, a little attention gives more security than patches.
2* Do you have an annoying/Blocking Bug in .86 which is corrected by one of the firwmares .151 to .231https://rog.asus.com/en/phones/rog-phone-5-ultimate-model/helpdesk_bios/
For example the .176 fixes, be careful, if you don't currently have one of the fixed bugs, either you don't use the software or the function, so no need to update, or you don't have any problem like 4 or 5, then the bug fixes a bug introduced with firmware .151
2. Fixed the problem of perspective in the game ‘World War Heroes’
3. Fixed issue where incoming call cannot enter call mode when the Sabbat E12 Ultra headset is connected
4. Optimize scrolling smoothness in 144Hz
5. Fixed the problem of abnormal lighting time of "Notification" in Aura light
3* Disregard the following annotations "1. Optimized system performance
2. Optimized audio parameters"
in the patches, it's just a joke, for the audio it's found an audio as it was in .86, for the performances it's a reduction in performance by a reduction in the CPU / GPU frequency which starts at 40°, without an effective fan like the BS4 or the future Aerocooler 6, heavy games like Gensing Impact or even BGMI are barely usable. If it was supposed to avoid Wifi-Hotspot failures, it failed too.
4* Do you like the interface of Android 12, it brings almost nothing, and Maeriel You personally for me it's a major step back, imposed by Google we will have to go through it, so we might as well wait for Android 13 and the evolution of You equipment which will be more in line with what users expect.
5* I think I have given you enough data to make your choice, personally I am waiting for Android 13 and even more AeroCooler 6 for ROG 5, unfortunately which will arrive after the summer, there will remain the usefulness of the 2 additional triggers