No 5g option on ROG 5 very strange ...

erwin_yulius
Star II

Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2105.90
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I can`t find 5g option on my phone. It is very strange.
img-20210719-wa0008.jpg
screenshot-20210719-153520359.jpg

Have try to serach new firmware but it seems to be the update firmware now. Please help me to fix it.

29 REPLIES 29

ZT-80cce635
Star I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180664#Comment_180664

for me (but I am not ASUS staff) the I005D model is for USA / CANADA and on this model certified by FCC ID with also the I005DC, these models do not feature the 5G N40 frequency band

Now the only certainty is that Asus_I005 corresponds to the rog phone 5, how does ASUS differentiate the models 8, 12, 16, pro and Ultimate and for each version A, B, C, D ...... of the frequency bands .

I have a little trouble understanding the silence of the only people able to answer such a simple problem on an official forum or even how a buyer can buy with certainty a model with the compatible frequencies of his operator.

uscert2-jpg.jpg

uscert1-jpg.jpg

View post
Ok,thx alot for the information

erwin_yulius
Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180664#Comment_180664

for me (but I am not ASUS staff) the I005D model is for USA / CANADA and on this model certified by FCC ID with also the I005DC, these models do not feature the 5G N40 frequency band

Now the only certainty is that Asus_I005 corresponds to the rog phone 5, how does ASUS differentiate the models 8, 12, 16, pro and Ultimate and for each version A, B, C, D ...... of the frequency bands .

I have a little trouble understanding the silence of the only people able to answer such a simple problem on an official forum or even how a buyer can buy with certainty a model with the compatible frequencies of his operator.

uscert2-jpg.jpg

uscert1-jpg.jpg

View post
Did you see the youtube video?? I want only the 5g option. Can you explain why some device in Indonesia have 5g option and many other device do not have it. The only official rog in Indonesia is olny rog 5 reguler.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Stop, I'm not going to spend my life there, what do you want me to do with this video, this person has a model compatible with 5G Indonesia, he bought for example ASUS ROG Phone5 ZS673KS-1A051ID or ID corresponds to Indonesia and as there is only one frequency 2300 (N40) it is hoped that ASUS store indonésia delivers the correct version.
Now if it's too complicated to look behind your rog 5 box and indicate ASUS _........... and CP / N ZS673KS -.............. ........ I can do nothing for you

erwin_yulius
Star II
FunBike31

Stop, I'm not going to spend my life there, what do you want me to do with this video, this person has a model compatible with 5G Indonesia, he bought for example ASUS ROG Phone5 ZS673KS-1A051ID or ID corresponds to Indonesia and as there is only one frequency 2300 (N40) it is hoped that ASUS store indonésia delivers the correct version.

Now if it's too complicated to look behind your rog 5 box and indicate ASUS _........... and CP / N ZS673KS -.............. ........ I can do nothing for you

View post
Yes and I have the same model with him. Only this type officially sell in Indonesia.

zerojin14
Rising Star I
Download CPU-Z and Droid info for Android
Take a screenshot of "CPU-Z - device"
Take a screenshot of "Droid Info - device"