Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wifi won't turn on and neither my Hotspot on my Asus ROG 5s

Suchait
Star I

1.Model Name: Asus ROG 5s

2. Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.146

3. Not rooted

My Wifi won't turn on and neither my Hotspot.

It started around 4-5 days ago.

Suddenly my Wifi won't turn and when I tried switching on the Hotspot it showed Error below it. The Wifi sometimes worked after I restarted the device while plugged in with the Charger but for a shorter duration like about 5-10 minutes and after that the device suddenly restarted itself and the Wifi was gone again. I tried factory reset also, the Wifi worked for sometime but again the problem started after 10 minutes or something.

I have watched some videos that told it's the manufacturing defect and that it's motherboard needs to be replaced. I have the warranty but my phone had undergone water damage and still survived. But I still need the new motherboard which I checked with them the last time when my phone was water damaged and they said it would be around ₹40,000 and the display will be around ₹16,000 which shocked me so hard.

I just need the motherboard though but it's undergone water damage. I am just a student I don't have this much to spend on it which makes the phone twice pricer. Please help me I would rather have it fixed free since it's under warranty.

14 REPLIES 14

But since mine is gone into water damage they might no help with it although it functioning normally like nothing has happened.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Suchait 

according to your problem, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657/

Also, I have PM you for confirming Wi-Fi issue details.
Could you please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information?

Thank you.

Anshulyp
Star I

Bro I have the same issue in my asus rog 5spro 

It's very shameful for asus , I will never buy again asus products it's sucks 

&  Also i will complaint in consumer court 

Hi @Anshulyp 

Sorry for the inconvenience that may caused.

I have PM you for confirming Wi-Fi issue details.
Could you please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information?

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.