This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fate/Grand Order 60FPS trick still working?

Quiexo
Star II
My phone and app information:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.47
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fate/Grand Order (English) V2.16.0
========================================
Does the variable FPS trick still work on ROG Phone 5? This game is locked at 30FPS and has been that way for over 3 years now. 60FPS was a fable until a trick was found with the ROG Phone 2. It is a trick where you increase the screen refresh rate to double the previous setting which tricks the game into running at 60FPS from 30FPS.
Sadly I can't reproduce this on my ROG Phone 5. Apparently the second Android 10 update for ROG 2 on 17/04/2020 broke (fixed?) this trick. I do not understand why ASUS fixed this as there was no harm or game ban...unless Google fixed it themselves or ASUS had other battery/performance issues linked to this so they had to patch this up.
One of the main reasons I went with this phone is that I was looking forward to playing FGO at 60FPS on the go. I know high FPS is not as important in turn-based games, but I still love the fluid animation that 60FPS offers over 30FPS. I hope there is an alternative trick that exist or a special option specific to this game that can help reproduce this trick.
5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Quiexo

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.47
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fate/Grand Order (English) V2.16.0

Does the variable FPS trick still work on ROG Phone 5? This game is locked at 30FPS and has been that way for over 3 years now. 60FPS was a fable until a trick was found with the ROG Phone 2. It is a trick where you increase the screen refresh rate to double the previous setting which tricks the game into running at 60FPS from 30FPS.

Sadly I can't reproduce this on my ROG Phone 5. Apparently the second Android 10 update for ROG 2 on 17/04/2020 broke (fixed?) this trick. I do not understand why ASUS fixed this as there was no harm or game ban...unless Google fixed it themselves or ASUS had other battery/performance issues linked to this so they had to patch this up.

One of the main reasons I went with this phone is that I was looking forward to playing FGO at 60FPS on the go. I know high FPS is not as important in turn-based games, but I still love the fluid animation that 60FPS offers over 30FPS. I hope there is an alternative trick that exist or a special option specific to this game that can help reproduce this trick.

It was taken off because games was detecting as cheating or unfair advantage to other players.

Quiexo
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48800/is-fate-grand-order-60fps-trick-still-working

It was taken off because games was detecting as cheating or unfair advantage to other players.

View post
Fair enough. Though it'd be great if there's a whitelist of games like FGO that don't mind if the FPS is increased.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Quiexo

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.47
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fate/Grand Order (English) V2.16.0

Actually the game has 60FPS support, you need root tho.
Access: /data/user/0/com.xiaomeng.fategrandorder/shared_prefs/com.xiaomeng.fategrandorder.v2.playerprefs.xml
then change the value below:

After that the game runs at 60FPS without any weird workaround.

GeoM
Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48800/is-fate-grand-order-60fps-trick-still-working

Actually the game has 60FPS support, you need root tho.

Access: /data/user/0/com.xiaomeng.fategrandorder/shared_prefs/com.xiaomeng.fategrandorder.v2.playerprefs.xml

then change the value below:

<int name="OptionHighFPS" value="1" />

After that the game runs at 60FPS without any weird workaround.

View post
HI, thats great, I O wonder if something like that exist for ffbe war of the visions, game is locked at 30, there is a method of going back to home, changing the FPS outside of the game, coming back to the game and then the game run at 60fos, it works on other phone but doesn't work on my rog phone 5.