FunBike31
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.200
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Optimize système stability
Hoping that indeed this will improve the stability of the system and the outputs of regular applications.
Note that like .196, the description is in English on a French system. Rushing the output or lack of translator?

19 REPLIES 19

acid_srvnn
Star I
😞
Wifi not working after this update...
(Was working fine immediately after the update. Later in the middle of a game - wifi suddenly got cut off - phone restarted automatically - then wifi didnt turn on after that)

Do they have any official statement on this issue?
Hardware or Software issue?
Should we wait for another update? or visit service center?
Will the issue get fixed if i do a factory reset?
@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

Did get the logs as mentioned in several posts. The logs have several errors related to wifi.

12-04 23:54:45.172  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to access driver state control param No such file or directory, 2: No such file or directory
12-04 23:54:45.173  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to load WiFi driver
12-04 23:54:45.173  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to initialize firmware mode controller
12-04 23:54:45.173  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Wifi HAL start failed

FunBike31
Community Legend I
acid_srvnn

😞

Wifi not working after this update...

(Was working fine immediately after the update. Later in the middle of a game - wifi suddenly got cut off - phone restarted automatically - then wifi didnt turn on after that)

Do they have any official statement on this issue?

Hardware or Software issue?

Should we wait for another update? or visit service center?

Will the issue get fixed if i do a factory reset?

@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

Did get the logs as mentioned in several posts. The logs have several errors related to wifi.

12-04 23:54:45.172  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to access driver state control param No such file or directory, 2: No such file or directory

12-04 23:54:45.173  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to load WiFi driver

12-04 23:54:45.173  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Failed to initialize firmware mode controller

12-04 23:54:45.173  967  967 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service: Wifi HAL start failed

View post
No link with the Firmware, you would have had it immediately after the 1st reboot of the update.

KillSwitch
Star III
mickey10021

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/196361#Comment_196361

Did you replace the motherboard before? How long have you use this phone?

View post
I have been using ROG 5 since April '21...but this latest update has screwed up my wifi.It just never turns on.
P.S: I haven't got the motherboard replaced yet. Planning to visit the service center tomorrow.

Rajaah
Star I
After .200 update charging slowed and typing is also strucked

reaperdzong
Star I
hello there, i would like to ask some questions, i have 18.0840.2111.199 version, and i got new motherboard after wifi stopped working, they called me to pickup my phone after repair, fingerprint sensor and air triggers was not working, i told them then and there. so they call me 2 days afterwards, and said it was some issues (forgot), then afterwards it was working perfectly. Then i got back home and i have stumbled upon a form saying wifi slow in rog 5, then i tested it and i was shocked to see wifi is indeed slower ever so slightly but it is there, latency of the new motherboard is 5 to 10 ms slower. i was wondering, was it the new motherboard or the software ( i compared it with asus 6z/zenfone 6 my old phone ). then i opened ROG 5 support download section hoping to update latest firmware to fix my issue. so.. now.. i didn't find my firmware version 18.0840.2111.199 in support form🤔(confused) can't find it in Google 🧐(what). what version is installed on my phone that is missing in asus form 🥴(super confused) I am hesitant to upgrade it to 18.0840.2111.200 version, if it didn't work then my phone is bricked. is there any other way to fix my wifi issue.

and another thing i wanted ask is.
screenshot-20211220-221058768.jpg
i have downloaded app called Device Info, as you can see there is 23 sensors, if you can see there is magnetometer, two of em, one is uncalibrated and 3 more sensors duplicates with uncalibrated status. 🤯(ultra confused)
hope you can give me some info🤕