Fingerprint scanner stop function issue

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: WW_18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Happened 3 times in 5(th) days of usage
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Built in in display fingerprint scanner
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
This issue happen randomly, I not even sure what actually trigger the issue too.
When the issue happened, the built in fingerprint scanner will behave in an unusual way:
When try to scan fingerprint to wake up to home screen or access login with other 3rd party apps, the fingerprint will scan ONLY ONCE, then no not display result to tell whether the fingerprint is matched or not, and nothing will happen (screen will not wake up to home screen, or 3rd party app will not perform login or anything.
In 3rd party app, you can force to try fingerprint scanning login again, but the built in fingerprint scanner will behave the same as i mentioned above.
The only way to allow fingerprint work properly so far I know, is to restart the phone, then it will work normally back.

It this a software issue? does anyone also having same experience as mine?

0 REPLIES 0