Firmware Version: 18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
20211207-113106.jpg
20211207-112825.jpg
20211207-112812.jpg
20211207-202116.jpg
in addition to the information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello everyone, so I recently purchased a used rog 5, and the issues I'm having are the following:
1- phone data network is very slow, and it's only showing the 4g I con, it even went down to 3g and H, tried the same sim card on my old galaxy s9 plus and it was significantly better, tried both in the same spot. all the other phones in my house have the 5g Icon showing, and have significantly higher speed.( please let me know if additional information is required)
2- the back of the device shows marks from having the original case installed (basically the manufacturer is at fault) tried to remove/clean these white spots(as shown in pictures), but it seems like they're here to stay. I would say these are scratches.
3-the finger print sensor is showing under biometrics but I'm not able to turn it on, picture is provided.
Conclusion, I spoke with Asus support, and they said the version of this device is Chinese, and I have to contact Asus china, however they did say the device is still under warranty.
Any solutions/suggestions to the above stated issues?
Has anyone ever contact Asus china before and if so, how, what number/website to use,
Do you think they would replace the device because of the damage?
From what I read from the previous posts, it looks like the device needs a new motherboard for the finger print to work, or is that not that the case?
Thnak you for your help in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Najibak7
Star I
Is forum not active anymore? would really appreciate some help here, forget about the everything else, just help with network issue please

Najibak7
Star I
ankitrdx1997 where you able to find a solution, if yes please share