cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrease In Performance in Android 12

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Hi Moderators,
I have recently seen that after upgrading to android 12 there is a huge lag in the games, which never happened in the case of android 11. Is there any valid reason for such a downgrade in performance? I recently have got the motherboard changed from 8Gb to 16Gb. Yesterday I downgraded to android 11, I felt everything was so smooth and refined. Also if you do suggesting me to downgrade back to android 11, as the service centre guy mentioned, can you make an option available that permanently stops the annoying force updates of android 12? The notifications to update irritate me a lot when I restart my phone though I had disabled the auto software download.

8 REPLIES 8

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
It's funny how on the Rog3 the performance on A12 is actually insanely good to the point where we don't really get what is happening.

Users on my discord have reported full stable clockspeeds even without xmode on A12 with super smooth gameplay.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ARP_ASUS

Hi ReaperZ_Wolf,

While you might be facing lag on your phone. It would be of great help if you can share some more details which would help me evaluate and highlight ahead.

1. Game name - The more the better
  2. Fps seen
  3. Settings used on game
  4. If sufficient RAM is available and restart applied after fresh start
  5. Any troubleshooting done

View post
Alright so i have figured it out that tweaking the Hardcore settings can allow my CPU to go to the max extent of of achieving 2.84Ghz.

As i am not sure about the parameters in the hardcore tuning, can your team please share a guideline to what those are ,so that i tweak the right settings. I saw such help being provided in a post from ROG2. So if you can do the same for Rog 5 it would be great!

Willjoe
Star II
Settings to improve battery life
Living with a phone that has poor battery life can be infuriating, but there are some steps you can take to maximize each charge right from the very beginning:

1. Turn off auto screen brightness or adaptive brightness and set the brightness level slider to under 50%.
The brighter your screen, the more battery power it uses. 

To get to the setting, pull down the shortcut menu from the top of the screen and adjust the slider if it's there. Some phones may have a toggle for auto-brightness in the shortcut panel; otherwise, you need to open the settings app and search for "brightness" to find the setting and turn it off.

2. Use Adaptive Battery and Battery Optimization.
These features focus on learning how you use your phone, including which apps you use and when, and then optimizing the apps and the amount of battery they use. 

Regards,
Willjoe

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.