Dejavu
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: v02.01.01.17
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Fingerprint icon remains on screen after verification , pocket mode gets auto activated while gaming ,gps on Google maps keeps rotating while finding location (does not show the direction i am facing) , front camera autoshakes a lot while video stabilisation is on

4 REPLIES 4

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Dejavu,
Seems something is wrong on the hardware side. Please try running SMMI test to check if this is related to hardware:
How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)
Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "
you will be entered to SMMI_TEST
If there is any hardware related issues please visit the nearest service center. If not, try factory reset on your device. Please report back the findings.

thank you for the info ,i have attached screen shots of the test , really thought Asus was a company providing quality products , but so many mother board issues it is  having ,now since yesterday after latest update my wifi and hotspot is also not working SMMI_TEST SHOWS SO MANY HARDWARE PROBLEM , any way my warrenty is expired . I am planning to approach consumer court in India to get the motherboard replaced for free. Thank you for the info

Screen shot of gyroscope test

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.