ASUS ROG phone 5 cellular data suddenly stopped working

Worbucks777
Star I

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version:18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: continuous

My cellular data suddenly stopped working. I am still able to get Wi-Fi.

Carrier: Google Fi

I have been using this phone and this carrier for over a year. I have tried removing/re-installing the sim card. I have tried manually entering an APN. I factory reset my phone as well, and now i can at least SEE the networks when manually attempting to connect, but when i select one, it wont connect.

Is there a way i can check if my phone broke? or if this is a carrier problem?

1 REPLY 1

Alexandra001
Star I

To determine if the issue with your ROG 5's cellular data is due to a hardware problem or a carrier issue, follow these steps:

Check Network Settings: Verify that your network settings are correct. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network and ensure data is enabled.

Test with Another SIM: If possible, try using a different SIM card from another carrier in your phone to see if cellular data works. This helps determine if the issue is with your phone or your carrier.

Contact Carrier Support: Since you're using Google Fi, contact their support to check if there are any outages or issues with your account or coverage in Hawaii.

Check for Hardware Issues: If the problem persists with another SIM card, it could be a hardware issue. Ensure your phone is not damaged, and check for any signs of physical issues with the SIM slot or internal components.

Software Updates: Ensure your phone is running the latest firmware. Sometimes, updates can fix connectivity issues. https://up-sers.com

By following these steps, you can narrow down whether the problem is with your phone or with your carrier.