This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog 5 Last update 18.0840.2107.151 is very bad.

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2107.151
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Armory crate
After the last update i am facing 2 issues in my rog 5. First When i opened the armoury crate after that my phone is restart automatically everytime and my phone's haptic vibration is disabled automatically. I select phone ringing with vibrating but when i call received my phone is only ringing not vibrating so 2nd problem is my phone's haptic vibration is disabled automatically. I am restarting the phone but after 2 mins later same issue is facing.
screenshot-20210826-010442800.jpg
screenshot-20210826-010448041.jpg

30 REPLIES 30

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Rishabh Kathuria

Same issue again and again! Already reset done thrice, still problem is arising. Is there no solution to the vibration problem?! When will the best update come?

View post
Have you tried the single test in the calculator? Type in .12345+= and do single tests and then do all vibration tests. If one fails then you know you need to go to service centre.

koli_gaurav
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187815#Comment_187815

Have you tried the single test in the calculator? Type in .12345+= and do single tests and then do all vibration tests. If one fails then you know you need to go to service centre.

View post
I've tried this test and sometimes it shows pass sometimes fail. Attached screenshots.
screenshot-20210927-233600376.jpg
screenshot-20210927-233521162.jpg
I dont think giving phone to service center will help as it seems to be a software issue (after resetting the phone the vibrations starts working for sometime). Also what concerns me is, where are the Asus guys? Why can't they reply or give suggestions whether the phone needs to be sent to service center or we need to wait for an update?

koli_gaurav
Star II
screenshot-20210928-132527461.jpg
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187407#Comment_187407

Have you update Google Play Services in other app store other than Google Play Store?

Usually this would happen if the above is the case, but try uninstall updates for Google Play Store and Google Play Services, Clear cache and data and restart the phone.

View post
I've used iOS however there isn't any app like play store or play services in app store (at least I haven't found that). And I've never used any other OS. So to answer your first question, no I haven't used Google Play or services in other app stores.
Regarding your second question, I ve cleared the cache and that didn't help. The error of imobile pay still persists. Don't want to delete storage, I ve already lost a lot of my imp memories due to resetting so don't want to take anymore risk unless someone guarantees it will fix the issue.

koli_gaurav
Star II
ZT-d9c40682

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185323#Comment_185323

Hi... this issue just started for me today. Were you able to find a fix for this??

View post
I am not sure how it happened but the issue got resolved automatically.
What happened was, today morning my phone switched off due to low battery. I put my phone for charging while keeping it switched off and restarted phone when my battery was around 25-30%. After a couple of hours I noticed that my phone started vibrating (maybe it started earlier and I didn't notice or maybe it actually started after couple of hours). I didn't try to launch armory crate app however now after 10-11 hours I tried launching armory crate and it works as well. Vibration test is showing all green too. 😊
I am not sure if it was due to phone getting switched off due to low battery or it is a lucky day for me 😂. Still thought of sharing my experience with you all hoping it would help someone.
I will let you guys know if the issues are observed again.

KillSwitch
Star III
ketoweb

Facing the exact same problem. Did a factory reset yesterday and the issue was fixed for a few hours and then it came back again.

Current Problems I am facing with this update: Proximity Sensor Issue, Phone not vibrating during calls, Airtriggers not vibrating, signal issues.

Can someone at Asus please acknowledge this?

View post
Am facing the same issue as well...plus the armoury crate restarts my phone every time I open armoury crate. Am bit skeptical now to update it to 176 ...will wait for feedback