This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 5 Died after 5 minutes of gameplay

For some backstory. My friend has Asus Rog 5 which at first started to have some problems with the WiFi and hotspot and now the phone went kaboom after 5 minutes of gameplay.
Model Name:Asus Rog 5 I believe
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Second time today but the first time it actually turned on but now it doesn't
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Noone apps have any problems with the phone
This phone is a daily driver for like 6 or 7 months. My friend needs his phone back immediately because if his phone does not turn on he will get detention after his parents find what happend to his phone. I have suspension on the battery firmware because it happend the same thing to my Motorola(I know I'm in Asus forum and sorry for mentioning another phone manufacture). Soo 1700bgn down the drain maybe???
4 REPLIES 4

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ludiyazayo_san If the phone is unresponsive (does not react when you connect external power, can't be turned on) then your best bet is to contact a local ASUS service center and/or the reseller who sold you the phone.

Welp the phone does absolutely nothing and it just turned off from like 80%. And in Bulgaria we don't have Asus service center.

Stevan_Theodore
Star II
ludiyazayo_san

For some backstory. My friend has Asus Rog 5 which at first started to have some problems with the WiFi and hotspot and now the phone went kaboom after 5 minutes of gameplay.

1. Model Name:Asus Rog 5 I believe
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Second time today but the first time it actually turned on but now it doesn't
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Noone apps have any problems with the phone

This phone is a daily driver for like 6 or 7 months. My friend needs his phone back immediately because if his phone does not turn on he will get detention after his parents find what happend to his phone. I have suspension on the battery firmware because it happend the same thing to my Motorola(I know I'm in Asus forum and sorry for mentioning another phone manufacture). Soo 1700bgn down the drain maybe???

Asus Rog 5 Died after 5 minutes of gameplay
your friend bought from?
read the issue and only changed the motherboard would fix the issue

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ludiyazayo_san If you're unable to reach an authorized service center, please contact the reseller and you should be able to open RMA that way.

Find service locations - Bulgaria | Official Support | ASUS Global