CIG
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

21 REPLIES 21

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
All right this is for all those who are talking about FINGERPRINT ISSUES. I have personally tested this for quite a while and even with the latest update .86 i have noticed that there is delay and also errors with my thumb even after having registered it many times. But when i use my left thumb it opens up smooth without any issues. From my test what i have understood is:
1. If you have a Tempered Glass it could affect the finger reading,
2. If your primary finger to open the phone is right like mine at times it may not read because our primary thumb fingerprints are generally not prominent compared to the other thumb.
3. The fingerprint reader is not that big so reading the impression of your fingers can be tough.
All these am sharing after having the tempered glass on my phone. If you remove any protection you have applied you may see a little difference.
Hopefully you understand this issue and i request you all to register atleast your left thumb also for the fingerprint. Try it out.

ghost_z
Star II
I do concur on the loudness part, speakers are quieter at max volume now but too soon for me to say they sound shit, i havent felt that drastic of a difference.

But it sucks that they aren't as loud now. I donno why asus cant follow the if it ain't broke dont fix it mantra and let good things be.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ghost_z

I do concur on the loudness part, speakers are quieter at max volume now but too soon for me to say they sound shit, i havent felt that drastic of a difference.

But it sucks that they aren't as loud now. I donno why asus cant follow the if it ain't broke dont fix it mantra and let good things be.

View post
Well now the war is like do you want depth or loudness. Choose any 1. This is what the devs are thinking now. They probably are thinking, what a minute, didn't we just give you the depth after you all revolted against loudness. 🤣
Well according to me, lets not rush and confuse them. We should ask ourselves now what exactly do we want. Is the speaker so bad that its unbearable or cant be listened to!

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anyways this is for all the ROG 5 users. I may not be an expert technically but from the past updates in regards to the playback of speakers, my observation is that if you need depth of sound there is surely be a reduction in the clarity/ treble. And if you need loudness/clarity the bass/depth will reduce.
So the question here lies what do we want! And in this .86 update i am sure that most of us have noticed that the previous depth has come back. The loudness if you say so has reduced, i would say its very hard to ascertain that it has reduced and even if so i feel its like negligible reduction.
I am not a spokesman of Asus but just like you i am an enthusiastic lover of this phone and love to have a phone at its best. You should ask yourself once and see does this update really affect your badly on your daily usage. I am sure not. You need to understand that this phone is targeted towards a specific audience in the market and Asus Devs do pay focus on what the end users want. Yes they are slow i believe but they do the job what is asked for. Probably takes time as its a custom build os which involves lots of tweaks to give a smooth experience. I am sure if we provide them feedback they will take it positively and do the changes but if these end users given 1000s of request which are not relevant and different,it becomes hard for the Team.

pesterevyasha
Rising Star I
CIG

how angry I am, the sound is now jumping as if overloading the speakers, it turns out that the sound is quieter then louder, it's just awful ...

Do testers generally look at what they produce?

View post
screenshot-20210723-135755573-281-29.jpg
May be on this ?