varunint
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I'm having an issue similar to https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/194852
In short, I have the motherboard issue which many users have and the service center person told me they'll replace it for free (without extending the warranty). And, my screen is broken because of which they are saying replace the screen first by paying 15k and then we'll replace the motherboard.
I've had used the device for almost 3 months with the broken screen and the phone has completely shut down only after their latest update. So essentially, they are asking me to pay 15k to fix the phone which they made unusable.
Is there anything I can do? I don't want to pay that much to fix it.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
varunint

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I'm having an issue similar to https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/194852

In short, I have the motherboard issue which many users have and the service center person told me they'll replace it for free (without extending the warranty). And, my screen is broken because of which they are saying replace the screen first by paying 15k and then we'll replace the motherboard.

I've had used the device for almost 3 months with the broken screen and the phone has completely shut down only after their latest update. So essentially, they are asking me to pay 15k to fix the phone which they made unusable.

Is there anything I can do? I don't want to pay that much to fix it.

Thanks

Another device with motherboard issue
Well cant comment on the motherboard replacement any further as the truth everyone knows. But yes FYI if the motherboard needs replacement then they would have to remove your broken screen which may break further and cannot be put back again once the motherboard is changed. So you would need to pay for it. This is the logic

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi varunint,
Please check your personal inbox and share the details.