This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte for Australian carriers (not good news)

realistix
Rising Star I
I received an email back from ASUS Australia regarding VoLTE for Australian carriers. Reads as follows:
"They have advised that at this stage no VoLTE scheduled for certification, we are pushing to have telco's test and approve on future phones. Until these newer devices come in and are certified, VoLTE will not be available for ROG Phone 2 and 3. Feedback has been noted and will be relooked at for future certification to see if these models can be tested, updated, and certified as well, no ETA on schedule".
This should be made know to anyone looking to purchase ROG3 in Australia. Personally I will add settings myself, but absolutely amateur of ASUS to make a flagship phone with no VoLTE support and sell it in Australia without pointing that out. Hopefully anyone thinking of purchasing an ASUS phone will search and find this.
Cheers

14 REPLIES 14

Pav
Star III
They don't even need it certified anymore. (at least for Telstra)
Seems like they just don't want to put the settings in and want to use it as a selling point for newer phones.

realistix
Rising Star I
I don't know what they are saying by "certified". It's literally a few settings added to the ROM, proven to work already. Qualcomm supports it, Optus supports it, ASUS supports it, technically....just add it. Nokia about to install 4G on the moon, ASUS still not fully supporting it on Earth lmao. No wonder Samsung/iPhone are killing the market. It's an amazing device, but can't even get the phone part right. Even my last Huawei phone supported VoLTE.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS @Anders where do we go from here. I am the same as the guys above absolutely loving this phone but VoLTE has been the industry standard for some time now, and I also feel that not supporting this in most countries should have been mentioned in the specifications, most people including myself just assumed this was a standard inclusion. Why can this not be added it would appear it has been fixed in some countries already ?

Cheers
Adam

Pav
Star III
Yep over here every phone sold in a retail shop above $500 supports VoLTE and this phone is over $1600.
Even the really cheap $99-250 ones from Coles support it.