Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 3 multiple issues

ckhanna1997
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103762#Comment_103762

Ahhhh you have ROG 3 and I totally missed it too in your first post. Sorry about that.

That explains why you have the lock screen animation mention and I don't.

The correct forum for ROG 3 is here:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/rog3-ww

I would post there, otherwise, you will get other people making the same mistake I did.

Good luck.

View post
Apologies, I posted in the wrong forum. I am pasting the link of that, otherwise I would have to type it all again and position edits as per.
Please do check the concern.
Also in addition
my mobile networks are going off automatically
Two screenshots if they could help
screenshot-20200816-044243758.png
screenshot-20200816-044247871.png
Edit 3 (0602pm IST)
This thing is crazy.
Now it is showing me 2 hour 43 minutes to charge from 8% to 100% using hyper charge.
screenshot-20200816-180226501.png
Can someone please suggest me something?
Is my phone faulty, is my battery faulty or my charger is faulty?
22 REPLIES 22

Hello sir.
I buy Rog 3 and from 2 days am using it . Am having problem with VPN connection during playing game ( iuse to play game through VPN bcz the wifi is restricted).it got disconnected in the middle of game several time . Before I was Rog 2 user on which I use to play game through VPN. I had not seen such issue in that phone.( It happens on any Vpn I use )

dasn252
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105458#Comment_105458

1. Do you still have the device? If yes, then we can log it and figure out why your signal drops
  2. I'd be happy to log your device to see if your battery life is draining too fast
  3. It should take a little less than 2h. Maybe it just felt like it took more than 2h? It also matters if you were using the device while it was charging. Charging will be slightly faster if you use the side port.
  4. When is it overheating? Have you checked after last update? It included a fix for some random heating that could happen during normal app usage and some games. I know the phone can feel warmer than other phones doing the same amount of work but this is because we let the heat out. On the inside it's actually cooler.
  5. A FW update is on the way. Lets wait and see after it has been released what we think about the display
  6. This was due to the three finger screenshot gesture. It has been fixed in the latest FW and you can also turn it off

I will send you a PM with instructions on how to log your device

View post
Am just informing you @Anders_ASUS in your 6th point, the multiple touch issue was not solved yet,there is a ghost touch while firing . And am honestly tell u that in a gaming phone ,this type of issue can't be exist. losts of users face this problem. It was so disgusting. And u also agreed that there was a ghost touch issue. I request you to kindly consider on this issue.
screenshot-20200921-004010620.jpg

P_chai
Star II
I decided to buy Rog phone3 last week and this is how I feel.
Expecting a nice smooth experience gaming but what I have got is overheated issue, you can not playing game while charging at the same time.
If you run YouTube for about 30 mins or more temperature could reach 40c .... I have no word to say.
Air trigger having issues time to time, it just keep shooting when I didn't even press it.
Network issue with 4g network is the worst, I was searching and look through all forum, Google even email and ask Asus tech team this issue wasn't fix but then I found some forum said it is a fault set up by factory with your APN.
Basically you just need to input your network provider by yourself by searching your network APN from Google in manual create a new one then it just working fine.
For a new phone in 2020 this is the first time I have experienced this.

All I can say now is, a big mistake for me to jump to this phone for gaming, playing COD mobile with minimum setting for 1 hour then game having lagging spike issue so I have to restart the game.
If anyone thinking about buying Asus Rog phone 3 for gaming and expect it to be nice and cool while you playing or even a housewife wants to just watch YouTube at home all day long .... Highly recommended not to buy it your hand might just get burn after a while.