Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 3 Cellular network suddenly lost and come back around 10sec later

pico_orange
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_18.0410.2201.196 / Android 11
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Normally happen when playing game, 30-60min will happen 1-2 times or 2-3 times within few min
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When the issue happen, the Cellular signal shows full bar but the 5/4G logo is gone & not data detect.
I have read thru the forum, try & tested the methods suggested but still not able to fix the problem.
Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth, SMMI test: Modem=Passed, SIM Card=Passed, SIM Signal=Connected but Failed and Phone call tests=Passed, Factory reset, hard reset, change sim card between tray 1 & 2, preferred network 5/4/3G option selected.

"Signal bar is full but the 4/5G network is gone, will only come back in around 10 sec later"
screenshot-20220317-142602570-1.jpg

screenshot-20220317-025959649.jpg
screenshot-20220317-025952636.jpg
screenshot-20220317-025842622.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

sputnikrelay
Star II
are you familiar with using flash command of fastboot? if yes, maybe you can try my method.

download the same current firmware you're using and extract all the kernel *.img (full kernel extraction might include*.mbn and *.elf file type) using python. google for how to extract boot.img using pc python cmd prompt. please REMEMBER to backup all important datas first before proceeding with those followings as another factory reset might be needed.

then later just flash those followings :-

fastboot flash asusfw asusfw.img
fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img
fastboot flash modem modem.img
fastboot erase mdmddr

fastboot erase ddr

fastboot -w

*restart device boot into recovery factory reset and see if your issue done fixing.
** this only fix the corrupted kernel and won't do any good if its a hardware issue.

pico_orange
Star II
sputnikrelay

are you familiar with using flash command of fastboot? if yes, maybe you can try my method.

download the same current firmware you're using and extract all the kernel *.img (full kernel extraction might include*.mbn and *.elf file type) using python. google for how to extract boot.img using pc python cmd prompt. please REMEMBER to backup all important datas first before proceeding with those followings as another factory reset might be needed.

then later just flash those followings :-

fastboot flash asusfw asusfw.img

fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img

fastboot flash modem modem.img

fastboot erase mdmddr

fastboot erase ddr

fastboot -w

*restart device boot into recovery factory reset and see if your issue done fixing.

** this only fix the corrupted kernel and won't do any good if its a hardware issue.

View post
Hi @sputnikrelay , doing your method does it count as rooting the phone?
If this method doesn't root the phone, is there website with a more step by step method which i can read and follow as i am not a techie guy.
Also my warranty is over, but i can still send down to local asus service centre for repair which will cost money. will it void my local warranty which asus service centre will reject me when i bring down for repair?
Thanks in advance, cheers!

pico_orange
Star II
pico_orange

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: WW_18.0410.2201.196 / Android 11
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Normally happen when playing game, 30-60min will happen 1-2 times or 2-3 times within few min
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

When the issue happen, the Cellular signal shows full bar but the 5/4G logo is gone & not data detect.

I have read thru the forum, try & tested the methods suggested but still not able to fix the problem.

Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth, SMMI test: Modem=Passed, SIM Card=Passed, SIM Signal=Connected but Failed and Phone call tests=Passed, Factory reset, hard reset, change sim card between tray 1 & 2, preferred network 5/4/3G option selected.

"Signal bar is full but the 4/5G network is gone, will only come back in around 10 sec later"

screenshot-20220317-142602570-1.jpg

screenshot-20220317-025959649.jpg

screenshot-20220317-025952636.jpg

screenshot-20220317-025842622.jpg

Rog Phone 3 Cellular network suddenly lost and come back around 10sec later
@Falcon_ASUS @Titan_ASUS Please assist.