ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
botboy444

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146566#Comment_146566

if you brought a gaming phone for media viewing, you stuffed up

it doesn't have a great resolution vs a samsung or iphone

at full brightness or even anything above 40% brightness, its fine, and better than most phones out there

name another phone that has 144hz AND looks as good as the rog 3

stop being entitled

View post
Well I'd say that entitled guy could counter you with the Xiaomi and red magic phones that have a 144 Hz screen and "look good" XD
but here is the twist
Not a single other phone EXCEPT the Rog 3 can transform into a Nintendo switch,Nintendo 3ds Play station or Xbox console or hell even become a computer WITH 2 144hz screens
Not a single other phone has Speakers like those or a 160 Hz screen or hell even reaching its performance
From design and tech,the way we can customise our OWN RGB lighting on a PHONE or sync OUR phones together makes it a whole lot more beautiful,innovative since no other phones have it,And thus making it one of the best designs on a phone ever
It's features like these that make this phone feel premium and make it "expensive"
and for the display since I already highlighted and completely shuttered any chance of countering my comment,the display has colours that rival those of the 1600 dollar phones out there AND I dare say that in some games like Pokémon or genshin impact,the colours DO look better and more accurate and vibrant than the Samsungs or ithrottles
And before any of you make a biased and invalid assumption that me and the other guys on top of me are fanboys,please do some fact checking and research about this phone and collectively learn more about tech
As for the guys that think just because this phone has Netflix it should look like a TV,I will remind you that it was advertised as a GAMING phone,it's meant for HARDCORE GAMING not watching every single Dark movie on Netflix or YouTube
Anime and such do look good on it tho ngl

ZT-bf2dde0c
Star I
Hi
I am having the same issue. But I tried to Manage that by using a screen balance app. It somehow working..
Please try..

https://youtu.be/nAeZYLfvVSg

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146574#Comment_146574

Well I'd say that entitled guy could counter you with the Xiaomi and red magic phones that have a 144 Hz screen and "look good" XD

but here is the twist

Not a single other phone EXCEPT the Rog 3 can transform into a Nintendo switch,Nintendo 3ds Play station or Xbox console or hell even become a computer WITH 2 144hz screens

Not a single other phone has Speakers like those or a 160 Hz screen or hell even reaching its performance

From design and tech,the way we can customise our OWN RGB lighting on a PHONE or sync OUR phones together makes it a whole lot more beautiful,innovative since no other phones have it,And thus making it one of the best designs on a phone ever

It's features like these that make this phone feel premium and make it "expensive"

and for the display since I already highlighted and completely shuttered any chance of countering my comment,the display has colours that rival those of the 1600 dollar phones out there AND I dare say that in some games like Pokémon or genshin impact,the colours DO look better and more accurate and vibrant than the Samsungs or ithrottles

And before any of you make a biased and invalid assumption that me and the other guys on top of me are fanboys,please do some fact checking and research about this phone and collectively learn more about tech

As for the guys that think just because this phone has Netflix it should look like a TV,I will remind you that it was advertised as a GAMING phone,it's meant for HARDCORE GAMING not watching every single Dark movie on Netflix or YouTube

Anime and such do look good on it tho ngl

View post
There's no point in countering someone. And only thing matters is fixing blackcrush and I don't really care about what other OEM's offers or any of the usecases for gaming. I just need videos to look normal on my phone cos that's the basic thing which is expected from a phone and ultimately it's a phone not a gaming console.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
jaykesharwani9

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146669#Comment_146669

There's no point in countering someone. And only thing matters is fixing blackcrush and I don't really care about what other OEM's offers or any of the usecases for gaming. I just need videos to look normal on my phone cos that's the basic thing which is expected from a phone and ultimately it's a phone not a gaming console.

View post
It's a hybrid,mine doesn't have any issue with being a phone and it is marketed as a phone that can become a console

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146890#Comment_146890

It's a hybrid,mine doesn't have any issue with being a phone and it is marketed as a phone that can become a console

View post
Good for you, so btw why are you here on this post as you aren't facing this issue. So please enjoy your phone.
Sadly we people can't cos of blackcrush.