hacico32hd
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I bought an asus rog phone 3 from a "unkown company" and i didnt knew there was a global and tencent games version , i ended up getting a tencent games version , for the past 2 weeks i had problems with sim data , i only had network on only one part of my city wich is where i live , my guess it's that it was stuck on a tower because i tried my sim on another phone and it was working but that got fixed last week , it started working again , this morning when i woke up and opened the phone i was greated with this message , i tried restarting the phone and same thing
received-822948468338473.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

hacico32hd
Star II
@Anders_ASUS help please

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sorry but there's nothing we can do.
Gustav_ASUS

Hi Zentalk!

We are seeing reports that some users have been sold Tencent-branded devices intended for the Chinese market, that have been flashed with global ROM by the reseller.

Again, we would like to make it clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with so called "international ROM" or "global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination. If you are facing any type of issue with your device - please contact your reseller who sold you the device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and device model does not match. Some resellers note this in the fine print, others do not.

For more information regarding this subject, please refer to this thread:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...

[PSA] Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with "Global/International ROM"