This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game tuning level 3 or hardcore tuning which is better?

bserian791
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================hi guys normally iam used with game tuning level 3 with aero active cooler but i felt frame drops only during enemy squad arriving nearby just for a few seconds .. but when i tried with hardcore tuning settings with aero cooler i felt frame drops even at close encounter fights.. which i never felt with game tuning level 3.. is there any specific profiles for no framedrops in hardcore tuning ?
17 REPLIES 17

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164510#Comment_164510

As I dont share my kernel on this platform due to the rules there is no point talking about my kernel.

That being said I can answer the questions regardless:

1.) Unless you install a custom kernel with modded boosting behaviour then hardcore tuning is the best you can achieve, correct.

2.) You will only lose data due to the unlock tool. Kernels usually don't have any side effects as long you install a kernel that isnt some kind of beta, bloated or outdated kernel.

3.) Most phones fair better than the Iphone 12 pro max, the Iphones have severe throttling and very bad frametimes accross all devices, especially in games like genshin impact. To achieve better frametimes you need a kernel that focuses on stable boost frequencies in order to stay as consistant as possible. Currently the Rog3 has the stock boosting behaviour on GPU and CPU, which means they will not focus on performance but rather on efficiency. While the armory crate / xmode to try and set the minimum frequency of the CPU to the max frequency and it does overall work if setup correctly, however that doesnt seem to apply to the GPU, which seems to only set the minimum to 411mhz and due to the rather very conservative boosting behaviour you'll see rather low clockspeeds on many games due do this.

View post
Thanks for the info,umm,are there any other kernels out there that do boosting and such even better than yours or kirisakuras? Or else I'm gonna have to rely on yours
And some other small questions,how do you flash a kernel ? (and if you can't answer at least tell me a site which I can do research for it) Do you still get Fota updates or the upgrade to A11? And lastly,does your specific kernel delete your data when flashed,or I can just flash any kernel as long as it fits with my device model or kernel version?
Again feel free to explain What you can and When you can

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164523#Comment_164523

Thanks for the info,umm,are there any other kernels out there that do boosting and such even better than yours or kirisakuras? Or else I'm gonna have to rely on yours

And some other small questions,how do you flash a kernel ? (and if you can't answer at least tell me a site which I can do research for it) Do you still get Fota updates or the upgrade to A11? And lastly,does your specific kernel delete your data when flashed,or I can just flash any kernel as long as it fits with my device model or kernel version?

Again feel free to explain What you can and When you can

View post
Sadly kirisakura kernel is not exacly great, it causes some weird issues and does even worse in boosting behaviour when the load is very low. Not only that but I also noticed some weird glitches and such. As for changing boosting behaviour neither cleanslate nor kirisakura does it so no dice there. If you're going for a kernel other than stock then cleanslate is probably the way to go.
On XDA you'll find everything you need to know about how to flash a kernel. It will void warranty so just saying. As for fota, no you don't get fota direcly but you can install them manually which is quite easy to do. As I already told you before, only unlocking the bootloader with the unlock tool will delete your data, flashing the kernel itself won't delete anything. I suggest waiting for A11 release before tho, maybe ASUS will come with some surprises.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164539#Comment_164539

Sadly kirisakura kernel is not exacly great, it causes some weird issues and does even worse in boosting behaviour when the load is very low. Not only that but I also noticed some weird glitches and such. As for changing boosting behaviour neither cleanslate nor kirisakura does it so no dice there. If you're going for a kernel other than stock then cleanslate is probably the way to go.

On XDA you'll find everything you need to know about how to flash a kernel. It will void warranty so just saying. As for fota, no you don't get fota direcly but you can install them manually which is quite easy to do. As I already told you before, only unlocking the bootloader with the unlock tool will delete your data, flashing the kernel itself won't delete anything. I suggest waiting for A11 release before tho, maybe ASUS will come with some surprises.

View post
Alright then,I'll wait till A11 and then perhaps I'll find a way to flash your kernel since I'll get the exclusive benefit of no colour banding