This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game tuning level 3 or hardcore tuning which is better?

bserian791
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================hi guys normally iam used with game tuning level 3 with aero active cooler but i felt frame drops only during enemy squad arriving nearby just for a few seconds .. but when i tried with hardcore tuning settings with aero cooler i felt frame drops even at close encounter fights.. which i never felt with game tuning level 3.. is there any specific profiles for no framedrops in hardcore tuning ?
17 REPLIES 17

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164403#Comment_164403

Fixed via kernel with custom boosting behaviour.

stable-jpg.jpg

Here a short example of boosting when i turn a game on. Maxed out performance.

View post
How custom can it get? I mean how much boost can you give it? 900 mHz GPU? 3,2Ghz CPU maybe?
Also is there a way to make games use more resources? since they take around 30% CPU use and 85% GPU, can we make them use 70% CPU? via rooting a kernel for example or Only pubg mobiles devs can do something about it

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164405#Comment_164405

How custom can it get? I mean how much boost can you give it? 900 mHz GPU? 3,2Ghz CPU maybe?

Also is there a way to make games use more resources? since they take around 30% CPU use and 85% GPU, can we make them use 70% CPU? via rooting a kernel for example or Only pubg mobiles devs can do something about it

View post
If you overclock your cpu and gpu , you will just fry your cpu and gpu or ic or maybe everything components in seconds if not instantly
There no need of overclock at current speeds are already more than any app needs but danish did slightly overclocked gpu but he managed to undervolte cpu and gpu by 10% thus heat will be reduced and inspite of increasing gpu speed , heat will be slightly reduced and no danger of frying any component
See this comparison and you will get the idea how stock kernel works and how danish custom kernel works and stock is supposed to work like custom
PUBG
screenshot-20210428-093354022-1.jpg
screenshot-20210428-093359453-1.jpg
Gpu is running almost 200mhz lower than it was supposed to
And cpu is also not stable and throttling for no reason , not from heat coz i havd recorded this while sitting in chilled AC
And also same with genshin impact see below,
screenshot-20210428-093749556-1.jpg
screenshot-20210428-093803527-1.jpg
This is at lvl 3 but with slight tweak that why its better and pure stock is much worse than above 2 games
With boosting behaviour for which you need danish kernel-
screenshot-20210428-094207873-1.jpg
screenshot-20210428-094202860-1.jpg
This is a gameplay of Genshin Impact for straight 30min and you can see by yourself , not a single dip in cpu and gpu dips are becoz i was teleporting
While recording , i wasn't sitting in a AC room so this time device is handling heat by itself
I did intense fights and exploration in big open area but its stable at max and also gpu is running at 682 which is higher than stock value
Armoury crates is the criminal for not getting sustainable performance and tweaks has been made to achieve this
There is no need of overclock stock , asus just need to optimize the armoury crate , if we can use game Genie without armoury crate than most of us who are using this custom kernel will just straight away remove armoury crate but we cant , atleast for now

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164405#Comment_164405

View post
As already mentioned the issue here isnt some overclock. While I could OC the GPU to 1000mhz it wont sustain for very long, and CPU is locked anyways. What's the issue here is how the boosting behaviour of the rog3 behaves, same goes for other phones. They are way to conservative which causes some insabilities in frametimes because they simply arent boosting high enough.
Even if you have 120fps, if the frametimes arent good it wont seem as fluid as lets say 60fps with great frametimes. This is why stable boosting clockspeeds are absolutely crucial for a fluid gaming experience.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164428#Comment_164428

As already mentioned the issue here isnt some overclock. While I could OC the GPU to 1000mhz it wont sustain for very long, and CPU is locked anyways. What's the issue here is how the boosting behaviour of the rog3 behaves, same goes for other phones. They are way to conservative which causes some insabilities in frametimes because they simply arent boosting high enough.

Even if you have 120fps, if the frametimes arent good it wont seem as fluid as lets say 60fps with great frametimes. This is why stable boosting clockspeeds are absolutely crucial for a fluid gaming experience.

View post
Sooo basically unless I install your kernel,my hard-core tuning is the best I can achieve for stock?
And let's say I decide to unlock the boot loader and install your kernel,what side effects will I encounter? Data loss,broadband loss etc.
I would also want to know how to safely install a kernel so if you could mention any sites that would be nice
And about frame times,does the rog 3 fair better than an iPhone 12 pro max for example? Or do I need to have your kernel to achieve even better frame times?
I know,too many questions,but if you have some time please answer them,it would benefit the readers too

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164505#Comment_164505

Sooo basically unless I install your kernel,my hard-core tuning is the best I can achieve for stock?

And let's say I decide to unlock the boot loader and install your kernel,what side effects will I encounter? Data loss,broadband loss etc.

I would also want to know how to safely install a kernel so if you could mention any sites that would be nice

And about frame times,does the rog 3 fair better than an iPhone 12 pro max for example? Or do I need to have your kernel to achieve even better frame times?

I know,too many questions,but if you have some time please answer them,it would benefit the readers too

View post
As I dont share my kernel on this platform due to the rules there is no point talking about my kernel.
That being said I can answer the questions regardless:
1.) Unless you install a custom kernel with modded boosting behaviour then hardcore tuning is the best you can achieve, correct.
2.) You will only lose data due to the unlock tool. Kernels usually don't have any side effects as long you install a kernel that isnt some kind of beta, bloated or outdated kernel.
3.) Most phones fair better than the Iphone 12 pro max, the Iphones have severe throttling and very bad frametimes accross all devices, especially in games like genshin impact. To achieve better frametimes you need a kernel that focuses on stable boost frequencies in order to stay as consistant as possible. Currently the Rog3 has the stock boosting behaviour on GPU and CPU, which means they will not focus on performance but rather on efficiency. While the armory crate / xmode to try and set the minimum frequency of the CPU to the max frequency and it does overall work if setup correctly, however that doesnt seem to apply to the GPU, which seems to only set the minimum to 411mhz and due to the rather very conservative boosting behaviour you'll see rather low clockspeeds on many games due do this.