This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash A11 Raw File or Downgrade to android 10?

stevenjj25
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 3
Firmware Version: 2109.172
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
Since Android 11 started updating having these issues :
1. Screen randomly gets this washed out look(not black crush) and then flickers a bit and turns back normal.
2. Stock launcher doesn't show opened apps, its all blank no matter what i open or how many apps.( Factory reset did nothing)
3. Lag or delay when trying to switch apps, doesn't happen too often but its really bothersome( Tried a bunch of launcher, same result)
I factory reset yesterday and haven't had #1 occur since, but the others are still present. I also got a few touch locks, apps weren't responding and keyboard wasn't poping up sometimes, but that was like less than 5 times in months, so could just be a glitch in an app.
Question is, will flashing the raw file fix or help with the problems at least or should I just downgrade to A10?
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
stevenjj25

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: 2109.172
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

Since Android 11 started updating having these issues :

1. Screen randomly gets this washed out look(not black crush) and then flickers a bit and turns back normal.

2. Stock launcher doesn't show opened apps, its all blank no matter what i open or how many apps.( Factory reset did nothing)

3. Lag or delay when trying to switch apps, doesn't happen too often but its really bothersome( Tried a bunch of launcher, same result)

I factory reset yesterday and haven't had #1 occur since, but the others are still present. I also got a few touch locks, apps weren't responding and keyboard wasn't poping up sometimes, but that was like less than 5 times in months, so could just be a glitch in an app.

Question is, will flashing the raw file fix or help with the problems at least or should I just downgrade to A10?

Thank you.

Flash A11 Raw File or Downgrade to android 10?
I prefer flashing raw file of A11 coz from all the problems you listed , only flickering problem was a bug and also fixed with .172 and you are on .172 so for some reason , still not fixed for you
Just flash .158 raw available in xda
WW_ZS661KS_18.0410.2108.158_M3.35.19.17-ASUS_1.1.5_Phone-user.raw.zipThan update to .172 and do factory reset again and than start using your device
If you dont get system update to .172 after flashing .158 raw than update in manually but putting full .172 zip in root directory and restart
And most probably you will get system update when asus releases one after .172

stevenjj25
Star I
Thanks for the input. I have never flashed this device, I am still under warranty.
Do I need to unlock the bootloader to do this?
I saw a guide on another website, looks simple enough.

Can post the link,but its on getdroidtips,will this work without issue? obviously instead of downgrading, I will Flash the raw file you posted.