Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Throughout the UI
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
There are a couple of things which I am writing here, which would be very nice if can be implemented. It's like a feature request-cum-certain corrections.
1. Double tap to lock:- This option is very helpful to have and I'm delighted to have this too. But one area where it creates a problem most of the time is Status Bar. While doing something in landscape mode and pulling the notification bar down just results in suspending the display. It locks the device. Now I know it's doing what it's supposed to do because while enabling the feature it tells the exact thing that it'll lock the display by tapping the status bar twice. But the abrupt behaviour while pulling the notification bar down sometimes frustrates. So if it can be possible to somehow make this feature work excluding the notification bar area, it would be nice.
2. Clock widget:- The widget provided with the Asus Launcher is of size 3*3 which unnecessarily occupies a lot of space on the home screen. It's not even letting me resize. There are two ways to correct this thing. Firstly provide us an option with ability to resize that "digital clock" widget;otherwise make it smaller from your end. Lastly a simple one liner widget will be enough and it looks good too. I'll attach a picture for reference to what I'm talking about.
See the widget which I've used here. If you can add this type of minimalistic widget, that would be very nice.
3. Wide angle camera:- I had pointed this out earlier, but due to certain reasons could not be proceeded. The wide angle camera is fixed focus and I understand that, but it is not focusing on the object from any focal length. The object in the frame is not sharp at all. I'm providing 2 photos for reference. The text is simply unreadable. Fix it as soon as possible. In the meantime please let us know the focal length of the lens.
As you can see the output from main camera is very clear. No complaints here.
This is the output from wide angle lens. Here you can see, the text is simply unreadable. Being a 13mp camera(though megapixels don't count)it should be decent, but it isnt.I had a 5z previously which was having an 8mp camera which was taking better pictures than this. So, please look into this matter.
4. Dual sim call forwarding:- This option under "sim card" settings is not working for me. I can't tell about others. I'm using airtel sim in slot 1 and Jio sim in slot 2. Everytime I'm trying to turn this option on, it's giving me a failure message. I've swapped the sim, still no change. I inserted sim 2 into slot 1, still no change. Attaching screenshot for the same. The reason is call settings for "jio sim" is always crashing. It's not letting me change any option and its grayed out. That's why dual sim call forwarding feature is not working. It was showing me error even when I had it in slot 1. Again in 5z I was using this feature and it was working flawlessly with these 2sims.
5. Carrier video calling support:- It's fine if you're against enabling video calling option in the stock dialer. While using Google dialer, we have the option of video calling and it works impeccably with jio sim as it supports carrier video calling. Just enable the same for airtel too.
Enable the option of carrier video calling in airtel too.
6. Wifi calling:- This, Asus users have been requesting since 1year. From 5z, but had not been solved for airtel. Please add wifi calling for airtel sim.
7. Notification delay:- This happens specifically in 2 apps. Instagram and whatsapp (twin app version). I've not disabled any kind of notifications from these two apps. These two are even allowed to autostart. I've also uninstalled and installed them, but no change. Now this doesn't happen every now and then, but once in a while. My internet connection would be on and I would be watching YouTube, still sometimes when the sender sends me a message, it is not getting delivered to me. I'm also not receiving any kind of notification. This does not occur in normal whatsapp. Everything is normal there, but in the second one which is enabled through twin apps, it happens once in a while. In instagram it happens all the time. I never get a single notification until I open that app. Initially I had thought that maybe battery saver would be causing that issue, but my battery mode is on "balance mode". So, no power saving mode is going on here. @Gustav_ASUS
I'm tagging you in the post. Sorry for such a long post, but I've tried to explain the issues as meticulously as I could have. So, please go through the whole post and let me know in case you find something difficult to understand. If I'll be required to log my device for any reason, send me instructions in my inbox. I'm expecting these things to be fixed in future software updates.