Enis
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rot Phone 3 strix
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: often - always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
THIS isn't a blame or hate list. I bought the Phone i love it itself but we have to talk about some Problems we need to iron out, i will link this to REDDIT aswell so please lets stay objectively fair .

1. call quality
(i live in germany, Provider Vodafone Best one in germany) is absolutely Bad. My s9+ that i switched from sounds like 10 Times better, but when i call someone with WIFI (WhatsApp as example) its really good. Will this be ironed out?

2. We suffer from Camera degradation.
When i videochat my girlfriend with WhatsApp or similar Apps, the quality is so Bad, my face looks like it was destroyed and restored by a maniac from the US. i tried it with friends etc. Aswell, me and my friends looked like a gollum cosplay with styled hair.
3. Heat
Working in a Not climatised Apple Shop ( Asus ftw) my gpu is 45 degree, my System is about 38. Just but chatting with normal people the Phone gets Hot and my Handy rather sweaty

4. Dongle
It makes noises like when you hold a Phone to old speakers, the Sound will spasm out. It feels rather clunky and Not very tight to the USB-C Port. As a test i tried it with an iPhone dongle (working there in Apple Has benefits lol) fixes the Problem, but the Sound volume is totaly Garbage and low. We dont even have options to buy those from the Asus Shop, what the heck?! What happens if i get New ones from Support and they stop working?
5. Volume
Need to turn my volume really high for Youtube etc. But when i want to Listen to my music Player, you go sick, its like your ear drums exploding. Its damn loud. We need an Update or anything ASAP

We're talking about a expensive Phone with great technology, the Phone is amazing itself but we as customers need to know what will get fixed, not when but IF, and what Things will stay the same!
I bought the Phone like 1 1/2 Weeks ago, if i dont get significant answers or any at All in 2 days, me and my other 4 friends will return those Devices back, even though we're really happy having it, the cons draw back something beautifull yet amazingly strong. We can live with heat but we need fixed for All those other Bad Things.

*im sorry in case my german keyboard tried to correct words or uses capital Letters for no reason)

Thanks for reading, lets discuss, i'd love for the devs to join here!!.

6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Enis

1. Model Name: Rot Phone 3 strix
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: often - always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

THIS isn't a blame or hate list. I bought the Phone i love it itself but we have to talk about some Problems we need to iron out, i will link this to REDDIT aswell so please lets stay objectively fair .

1. call quality

(i live in germany, Provider Vodafone Best one in germany) is absolutely Bad. My s9+ that i switched from sounds like 10 Times better, but when i call someone with WIFI (WhatsApp as example) its really good. Will this be ironed out?

When i videochat my girlfriend with WhatsApp or similar Apps, the quality is so Bad, my face looks like it was destroyed and restored by a maniac from the US. i tried it with friends etc. Aswell, me and my friends looked like a gollum cosplay with styled hair.

3. Heat

Working in a Not climatised Apple Shop ( Asus ftw) my gpu is 45 degree, my System is about 38. Just but chatting with normal people the Phone gets Hot and my Handy rather sweaty

4. Dongle

It makes noises like when you hold a Phone to old speakers, the Sound will spasm out. It feels rather clunky and Not very tight to the USB-C Port. As a test i tried it with an iPhone dongle (working there in Apple Has benefits lol) fixes the Problem, but the Sound volume is totaly Garbage and low. We dont even have options to buy those from the Asus Shop, what the heck?! What happens if i get New ones from Support and they stop working?

5. Volume

Need to turn my volume really high for Youtube etc. But when i want to Listen to my music Player, you go sick, its like your ear drums exploding. Its damn loud. We need an Update or anything ASAP

We're talking about a expensive Phone with great technology, the Phone is amazing itself but we as customers need to know what will get fixed, not when but IF, and what Things will stay the same!

I bought the Phone like 1 1/2 Weeks ago, if i dont get significant answers or any at All in 2 days, me and my other 4 friends will return those Devices back, even though we're really happy having it, the cons draw back something beautifull yet amazingly strong. We can live with heat but we need fixed for All those other Bad Things.

*im sorry in case my german keyboard tried to correct words or uses capital Letters for no reason)

EVERYTHING wrong with ROG 3 Listed *Hot Topic*
Could it be that you were using VoLTE when you called via your Samsung?
Sounds like you had a very bad WiFi or cell connection. I just tested with my colleague and it looks like it should.
The main difference between ROG Phone and all other phones is that we let the heat out instead of keeping it on the inside. A lot of that heat goes to the side of the phone and this is why you feel it's hot. 38C is more than normal but maybe the app was using WebView and accessing some performance intensive web material that didn't look demanding to you? It's hard for me to say. But in a side by side comparison between ROG 3 and a normal flagship phone where both are doing the same task, you will notice that ROG 3 feels considerably warmer but when comparing all the temps, it's actually cooler.
My dongle is as tight as it can be. If your's isn't in any of the ports, then please contact ASUS support. You will most probably be able to buy the dongle from our store before you warranty runs out. It doesn't need to be from ASUS but I understand why you want to since there are a lot of different dongles and some might not work.
Which music App? I compared the same song using YouTube and Spotify. Volume was close to identical

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Enis

1. Model Name: Rot Phone 3 strix
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: often - always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

1. call quality

3. Heat

4. Dongle

5. Volume

EVERYTHING wrong with ROG 3 Listed *Hot Topic*
Point no. 2 issues are epic bro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Enis
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33823/everything-wrong-with-rog-3-listed-hot-topic

1. Could it be that you were using VoLTE when you called via your Samsung?
  2. Sounds like you had a very bad WiFi or cell connection. I just tested with my colleague and it looks like it should.
  3. The main difference between ROG Phone and all other phones is that we let the heat out instead of keeping it on the inside. A lot of that heat goes to the side of the phone and this is why you feel it's hot. 38C is more than normal but maybe the app was using WebView and accessing some performance intensive web material that didn't look demanding to you? It's hard for me to say. But in a side by side comparison between ROG 3 and a normal flagship phone where both are doing the same task, you will notice that ROG 3 feels considerably warmer but when comparing all the temps, it's actually cooler.
  4. My dongle is as tight as it can be. If your's isn't in any of the ports, then please contact ASUS support. You will most probably be able to buy the dongle from our store before you warranty runs out. It doesn't need to be from ASUS but I understand why you want to since there are a lot of different dongles and some might not work.
  5. Which music App? I compared the same song using YouTube and Spotify. Volume was close to identical

View post
Dear Anders, thank you for replying to my message.

Could have been im not a 100% sure, though the problems i have while calling, the speaking quality is bad, and so is my microphone for them aswell. So i had my old SIM-Card inside my phones for years, i also switched it back to my samsung s9+ just to make sure, and yep speaking quality there is nice, so there seems to be a problem for that. Im not living in the third world, 4G in germany is very common. But we're missing the point with the question on *does it have VolTE* because we live in 2020 and so should the ROG1 though i got the ROG 3 now.
I upgraded my connection half a year ago, from 400MB download speeds to 1GB. With google Duo etc. i have a lot better quality. My normal download speed is about 750 MB per Sec, also my upload speed is around 30k (other people complained about this a lot inside this forum aswell)
I can accept that, and i think its a good concept, i can live with heat.
I contacted the asus support and last week when i called them because i didnt get the Asus Cetra in ear, they never ever answered, ( i got promised to get a answer but never got one, wtf) same goes for my request yesterday for getting a new dongle. It is tight, but not as much as it could have been. So my experience with the support goes more to the bad side unfortunately. So no new dongle for me? Rip?! - Also people on the german asus hotlines barely speak german anyways (thats kinda sad..)
Music app like mp3 apps, music that you drag to your phone, as example mp3 player, or Poweramp. If i switch from Poweramp or a normal mp3 player on my phone and go back to youtube, it blasts my ears off, youtube seems kinda low volume in total compared to normal mp3 software.
You didn't answer for future plans on what could get fixed or if there are any plans for those things.
not trying to hate or to be rude, just would like some answers (or giving tipps on what to improve), thank you for your time. I appreciate that you answer a lot of those things, even though chances are slim that you got anything to do with that, much respect goes out to you!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
1- At the moment in Germany, we do not have VoLTE so I believe this could be why. Either that or there's something wrong with your handset because there's nothing wrong with the call quality in this phone
2- Do you have this issue on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz? What's your upload speed like on other WiFi?
4- Please call them again and if you get bad support, then note the time, whom you were speaking with and why the support was bad. Then you send us an email with your complaint and it can be handled.
5- Poweramp uses its own EQ which causes issues and conflicts with our EQ. There's a limit to the volume in our EQ according to EU regulations and so on but Poweramp bypasses that limit/protection. I recommend you set the gain in poweramp to -10dB or more.
6- I believe you find the answers above. We will help you solve these issues. I don't know when VoLTE is coming to Germany. That's up to the local sales team to solve with German carriers