JohnFrusciante
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog3
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since about two weeks a strange message often appears that did not appear before "*** keeps stopping", then I press "close app" and it resolves.
The strange thing is that this message appears with many apps, not always the same and it is very annoying because when I am in game it happens that the message appears and the game stops.
What can this error depend on? How to solve?
screenshot-20201221-173941925.jpg

I upload a screenshot of today, but the problem happens with many other apps.
13 REPLIES 13

JohnFrusciante
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141850#Comment_141850

Many apps runs off from the Google Play Services and Google Services Framework. Therefore, the first thing I would do is Clear Cache and Storage for both Google Services Framework, Google Play Services and Google Play Store. Once done, uninstall any updates by pressing on the 3 dots and uninstall updates so this is back to factory installed app.

To find these apps, go to Settings - Apps & Notifications - See all xxx apps - press on 3 dots top right - Show System.

Always ensure you update the app through Google Play Store and not from other source.

View post
Thanks so much 🙏

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@JohnFrusciante Did the suggestion from Ronald work? If not, I can send you instructions on how to log your device so our developers can take a closer look at what's going on.

JohnFrusciante
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@JohnFrusciante Did the suggestion from Ronald work? If not, I can send you instructions on how to log your device so our developers can take a closer look at what's going on.

View post
Yes, the suggestion from Ronald did work! I uninstalled updates of Google apps and cleared cache and now it seems ok! How to obtain latest version of those Google apps? Because if I go to PlayStore it doesn't shows any apps to update...thanks Ronald and Gustav for your help.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
JohnFrusciante

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142197#Comment_142197

Yes, the suggestion from Ronald did work! I uninstalled updates of Google apps and cleared cache and now it seems ok! How to obtain latest version of those Google apps? Because if I go to PlayStore it doesn't shows any apps to update...thanks Ronald and Gustav for your help.

View post
Good to know it has worked for you.
To avoid the issue you had, do keep updating apps through Google Play Store. It is not just simple as getting the latest version unfortunately.
Each app will have their own dependancies mainly the ones mentioned above and uninstalled.
Google Play Store is not the fastest at rolling out up to date apps to phones, but if you really want to try the updated apps, download the ones you are interested in and try to avoid the apps I have mentioned above. This way you are in control which apps you are updating and you will be able to rollback if it fails.
Hope this helps.