This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackcrush fixed, now for the testing

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So I basicially fixed the black crush issue, I made an application that will require root and the current implementation is just very much alpha, it works but it drains a bit to much performance and has some glitches, which I suspect is either because it's fighting pixelworks software or glitch caused by me, whatever the case may be I need to test more black crush to do further testing, so far I used Batman 2021 trailer, Joker interrogation scene, Iron man trailer 2 and resident evil 2 trailer on youtube, if some people have other scenes on youtube or pictures etc. that they experience severe black crush on for me to test you can link that here. Also I want to mention that once I'm done for a release I'm not entirely sure how to handle it, gonna be honest here the self entitlement and ignorance of some people on these forums makes me wonder if I should even release it in the first place. Just thought I'd keep some interested users up 2 date who ask me via reddit/zentalk/discord and youtube.

12 REPLIES 12

MV
Rising Star II
It's ur wish to publish the app for public use or testing, the best way would be to monetize the app and have the interested users test it out. Efforts should be rewarded thats what I think. Once the app is stable enough, public release would make sense.

rocky30032002
Star II
The opening scene of interstellar. Heavy black crushes can be seen in the part where cooper wakes up. This is a good scene to test as its mostly dark.
Test it out. Black crush is manageable for me using screen balance but i would like to see ur results.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rocky30032002

The opening scene of interstellar. Heavy black crushes can be seen in the part where cooper wakes up. This is a good scene to test as its mostly dark.

Test it out. Black crush is manageable for me using screen balance but i would like to see ur results.

View post
Tested the scene with and without app and yeah, without app the pixalation is quite extreme.

jin_akira
Rising Star I
Count me in, i wouldn't mind paying so long the battery consumption is not affected. Hopefully this won't mean Asus will let you do all the work and just give up calibrating the screen in their future FOTAs haha