cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Crush explained ( Rog3 / OP 8 )

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
youtube.com/watch?v=8EoRnfA1cK0
Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.
I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.
Hope to see much less black crush topics as it's really getting old by now.
82 REPLIES 82

Aryan202
Community Legend I
nishantmankar.nm24

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130930#Comment_130930

Legion not yet launch in India! I agreed Asus is good enough and better than lenovo at some aspects in terms of UI, but I want to see whose going to manage better and who will be the ultimate game changer! Legion also be a good phone, in the straight comparison with Rog3, it found that the most of the aspects, clear winner is legion! Not sure about the display problem (even not found) in legion but still waiting for its launch here in india! For now, yes Asus is on the top, because no gaming phones yet in the indian market! But I am sure lenovo legion can change the game!

View post
Hm all I'm saying is that legion has a way worse looking ui and inferior software support
No development on any front on legion(Asus sent devices to developers)
Yes that phone is value for money in "some regions" but again Rog is better imo
The thing with Rog isn't just geared for gamers,power users would appreciate this device as much
Big battery,big display,4 mics, decent cameras,best in class speakers, stock+ui with rog additions, development (roms,gcam and kernels) there's a little something for everyone 🙂
Btw india does have other gaming phones including Xiaomi black shark,Nubia red magic and vivo iqoo but all of them are meh

nishantmankar_n
Star III
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130945#Comment_130945

Hm all I'm saying is that legion has a way worse looking ui and inferior software support

The thing with Rog isn't just geared for gamers,power users would appreciate this device as much

Big battery,big display,4 mics, decent cameras,best in class speakers, stock+ui with rog additions, development (roms,gcam and kernels) there's a little something for everyone 🙂

Btw india does have other gaming phones including Xiaomi black shark,Nubia red magic and vivo iqoo but all of them are meh

View post
Right! But why Asus not yet come up with good updates on Display tunning, its going to worst and the display is the most important part of the mobile!!! Need something better to reduce that black crush at least 70-80%!!!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
nishantmankar.nm24

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130958#Comment_130958

Right! But why Asus not yet come up with good updates on Display tunning, its going to worst and the display is the most important part of the mobile!!! Need something better to reduce that black crush at least 70-80%!!!

View post
They have already told you they are fine tunning display with every update and this will take more time also you should understand that its not that easy like 2 min maggie. Have pateince! You should appreciate that atleast they have taken display issue seriously and gave user a word of satisfaction that it will be optimised with every update and i know now you will say this update did not change anything for you well here you should understand that every display is fine tunned diffrently and so for few users this update has made few changes and few doesn't notice anything so wait until it will take time for every user to be satisfied they are considering maximum number of display scenario cases and examinig those behaviour particularly which will definately take more time
Dont worry some or other day they will be at there best with a fix and here i mean finally black crush will be reduced to minimum or gone this m assuring you becoz past few updates have optimised display with black areas alot and so users are able to see changes
Wait n just wait they are continously working what you expect is problem must be fix with one single time with single update but you should understand every display has diffrent tunning catagories so,
Slow n steady wins the race...!! And for that you have to be pateintly wait
Thanks!

nishantmankar_n
Star III
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130965#Comment_130965

They have already told you they are fine tunning display with every update and this will take more time also you should understand that its not that easy like 2 min maggie. Have pateince! You should appreciate that atleast they have taken display issue seriously and gave user a word of satisfaction that it will be optimised with every update and i know now you will say this update did not change anything for you well here you should understand that every display is fine tunned diffrently and so for few users this update has made few changes and few doesn't notice anything so wait until it will take time for every user to be satisfied they are considering maximum number of display scenario cases and examinig those behaviour particularly which will definately take more time

Dont worry some or other day they will be at there best with a fix and here i mean finally black crush will be reduced to minimum or gone this m assuring you becoz past few updates have optimised display with black areas alot and so users are able to see changes

Wait n just wait they are continously working what you expect is problem must be fix with one single time with single update but you should understand every display has diffrent tunning catagories so,

Slow n steady wins the race...!! And for that you have to be pateintly wait

Thanks!

View post
I know very well, but Maggie is at 10/- and Rog3 is costing 50k ! I want to ask this question to everyone here, any new user accept the Rog3 with these known display issues if we tell them before purchase???
We users are waiting for better updates, but as you said many past updates comes with better tunning, I do not agree with you, very few users seems some good results and I can show you that many users whose display is not improved even 1%! Asus might win the race steady but if he is too slow then he might loose the race, because many more competitors are there in the race, as I said legion is almost close to it!!!
Can you tell me the last update benefits except security patch??? Real world updates???

nishantmankar_n
Star III
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130945#Comment_130945

View post
If you are correct then I would like to send my device to Asus store(developers) to change the display, it looks like Lcd panel.
(I know its amoled but please check the video, brightness increase from right to left and it looks like LCD display, very bad) I have Realme x2 pro with 90hz but display brightness not shifting like this.....