This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before you install the .122 update

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So everyone before you update id like to note that the update does completely delete the overlay causing a reset to the default settings, meaning your blacks at full brightness is back but black crush will be more extreme as well.
I dont know what asus did attempt but i personally like the decision to ditch the overlay, ill look into if its now possible to take control over the screen.
18 REPLIES 18

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
For me it seems they put back the overlay for youtube? I had to go to setting and disable hw overlay, to see pure black.
Also now at lowest brightness the red tint is not so obvious as before, and think not as bright before, more comfortable viewing at dark room

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
hank_email_is

For me it seems they put back the overlay for youtube? I had to go to setting and disable hw overlay, to see pure black.

Also now at lowest brightness the red tint is not so obvious as before, and think not as bright before, more comfortable viewing at dark room

View post
Are you on .122 update? For me its gone. Either that or my kernel kcal actually works which would mean that kcal and klapse will work, if thats the case people with root will soon have a fix

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Looking further into it it seems they only ditched the overlay for youtube and not other apps, which is a bit weird considering they are all video platforms.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
nightmaster552

Looking further into it it seems they only ditched the overlay for youtube and not other apps, which is a bit weird considering they are all video platforms.

View post
nightmaster552

So everyone before you update id like to note that the update does completely delete the overlay causing a reset to the default settings, meaning your blacks at full brightness is back but black crush will be more extreme as well.

I dont know what asus did attempt but i personally like the decision to ditch the overlay, ill look into if its now possible to take control over the screen.

Before you install the .122 update
Have you notice the HDR videos doesn't look good as before ..or am I wrong....?? I mean HDR AND HDR 10+ IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE..IN YOUTUBE??
Can you please confirm it .. brother.