dolevnadav1992
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 3
Firmware Version:58
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrenc
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hey guys My device is 10 days old
And I feel like my battery is running out very fast
I charge the device up to 80 percent I end the day with about 20 percent
But I'm not playing at all And I'm not too much in front of the screen either Maybe 4 5 hours on average
Please can someone tell me how long its battery lasts and how can I tell if it is a faulty battery?
Or did she fix and everything's fine?
25 REPLIES 25

John_p
Rising Star I
dolevnadav1992

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111251#Comment_111251

6-7 screen hours?

View post
Yes from 90% to 20% I get 6-7 hours of sot on an avg

screenshot-20200826-141222817.jpg
i am getting good battery life with ambient display on... after turning off ambient display(which is completely useless without notifications) i get an hour n half more.

MV
Rising Star II
Pretty top notch battery life. 100 -9%
screenshot-20200917-144430569-281-29.png

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
dolevnadav1992

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog phone 3
  2. Firmware Version:58
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrenc
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hey guys My device is 10 days old

And I feel like my battery is running out very fast

I charge the device up to 80 percent I end the day with about 20 percent

But I'm not playing at all And I'm not too much in front of the screen either Maybe 4 5 hours on average

Please can someone tell me how long its battery lasts and how can I tell if it is a faulty battery?

Or did she fix and everything's fine?

Battery life 😔
If you get 4-5 hours from 80%, then you would normally have 40% battery left which isn't that bad. Some apps you find as simple apps might use more power than you think. Generally apps with a constant stream like youtube or netflix use much less power than you would think because the CPU has been optimized for this kind of apps.
Like others have already pointed out, low connection can cause increased battery usage depending on how often you have bad connection in your area and how many calls you make. Now this didn't show up in your stats but unfortunately Android stats are not that reliable. They can give you a hint at best but they will never tell the full story.
Here are some general battery saving tips
1. restart your device more often. It solves more issues than you would think.
2. go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.
3. Go to display settings and disable every option under Standby screen and switch to Auto refresh rate if you have this option
4. Go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
Restart your phone. 
You may also check out general battery saving tips like these https://uk.pcmag.com/how-to/9960/9-tips-to-boost-your-android-phones-battery-life
Tips for battery charging and storage
https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1009546

Droid
Star III
MV

Pretty top notch battery life. 100 -9%

screenshot-20200917-144430569-281-29.png

View post
@MV @Anders_ASUS Look at the Android system usage. It takes more than 30% if we use Netflix app. Due to the massive 6000mah battery we get good SOT and thus this problem is ignored. I have already reported this in another post. This issue started after .58 update. If Asus can fix this bug users will get another 1 or 2 hours of SOT.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/110948#Comment_110948