This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autorestart every 5min - Rog 3

Kastro
Star I

I have an Rog 3 (not strix), no root, everything original, Sweden. Other information is not neccesary.

Costumer service is bad in Sweden and they said that they never heard of that problem. My warranty went out in december last year so is my english.

Anyway, my phone do an autorestart after exacly 5min and some secounds. It doesnt matter what i do, it autostart like i have a timer on it.

When i bought the phone it did auto restart maybe 1 time in the month. But i thought it wasnt something wrong until 2 weeks ago when the phone kept restarting by it self all the time.

Its not overheating, bad battery or 3rd party apps thats getting a fault. The problem came nearby the update(patch). So please dont guess wildy, my phone is brand new since i used it maybe 10 times in one month or less.

Have you people the same problem? Asus sweden service want me to pay 100 euro just for the shipping to germany. And theeen they can troubleshoot, but how come that they never heard of this issue? I think its a faulty in something, a chip or some that needed to be changed because ive tried everything that noobs cant think of. The only problem is if i open the screen the warranty will be harder and Asus would probaly blame it on "the sealing was off, we cant help you". Or, we dont have repair stuff for this model.

What coule be the **bleep** problem with my phone? Gaming phone??? Nah, if you people have ur phone auto restart go send it back to asus because its a sign that something is wrong with it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kastro
Star I

Update:

After 20 days of trying everything i finally got rid of the problem. I knew it was something with the patch that these amateurs put out for no reason "fixing bugs etc". You didn't fix a **bleep**.

I cleared out the cache in two apps, android service and another one (dont remember the name). After that i did a factory reset (by holding volume up and so on). After that i was wating for the phone to get autorestarted but it didnt do it, ive waited like 1 hour with a time record so i feel safe, now the phone is running 5 hours with no auto restart. This solution helped me to solve the problem.

I were lucky to not have to send my phone to amateurs that want 100 euro just for shipping and extra more money for "solving the problem". When the problem is created by amateurs, it should by free service. My phone is brand new so thats why i thought it can not be something that got damaged. I barely use it.

And they dont even have batteries for sale in this AsusParts shop for europe countries.

And yeah when you do a factory reset then the phone is not really cleared like you buy it from a company so thats why you need to clear the cache manually before you factory reset it. When you do these 2 cache-clear-steps you MUST do a factory reset because apps and androie etc. will not work propery.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kastro
Star I

Update:

After 20 days of trying everything i finally got rid of the problem. I knew it was something with the patch that these amateurs put out for no reason "fixing bugs etc". You didn't fix a **bleep**.

I cleared out the cache in two apps, android service and another one (dont remember the name). After that i did a factory reset (by holding volume up and so on). After that i was wating for the phone to get autorestarted but it didnt do it, ive waited like 1 hour with a time record so i feel safe, now the phone is running 5 hours with no auto restart. This solution helped me to solve the problem.

I were lucky to not have to send my phone to amateurs that want 100 euro just for shipping and extra more money for "solving the problem". When the problem is created by amateurs, it should by free service. My phone is brand new so thats why i thought it can not be something that got damaged. I barely use it.

And they dont even have batteries for sale in this AsusParts shop for europe countries.

And yeah when you do a factory reset then the phone is not really cleared like you buy it from a company so thats why you need to clear the cache manually before you factory reset it. When you do these 2 cache-clear-steps you MUST do a factory reset because apps and androie etc. will not work propery.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.