This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any solution for almost permanent black screen? (won't display while ON)

lauron_jerel
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3 Classis Edition ZS661KS
Firmware Version: Cannot verify, seems to be up-to-date until now May 2nd, 2021
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact v1.5
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Zentalk,
I have experienced this while I am playing Genshin Impact on my phone. The screen suddenly turned black while the game sounds are still there. The touches were still working as I can here the buttons are triggering a sound in-game. I have been playing this game since October and see no issues until yesterday.
The screen did not return to its normal state, all black screen while the touches are still active. This doesn't seem to be an LCD issue. When I turned it off (I just remembered the positions and click while it was black screen), the charging screen is showing on the screen (Hypercharge). Also, while it was on a standby mode (phone was ON), sometimes the screen is activating and it shows display in 5 second then will go black screen again regardless of any action I input in the screen. After that, the screen will never display again.
I tried doing the recovery and safe mode but that screen was not showing. I also tried some troubleshooting such as draining battery and turning it on and off but nothing worked.
Any solutions for this kind of issue?

Regards.
3 REPLIES 3

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
"classic edition"
Almost guranteed to be a crossflashed phone. I would strongly recommend completely formating the phone.

lauron_jerel
Star I
No. i dont think it was crossflashed. As far as reformatting, i would like to do that but the phone is still on warranty, was used around 6months.
Also, the bios don't show up even pressing the power with volume buttons.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
lauron.jerel

No. i dont think it was crossflashed. As far as reformatting, i would like to do that but the phone is still on warranty, was used around 6months.

Also, the bios don't show up even pressing the power with volume buttons.

View post
Please contact ASUS Service