ccdeguzm
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG3
Firmware Version: Latest official
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
With the A11 update, is it possible to overwrite the current fingerprint app/module. In can't add my fingerprint to unlock my phone.
Running the diagnostic through the calculator states the sensor is working fine though.
Thanks.
Keep up the good work guys!

9 REPLIES 9

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ccdeguzm

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG3
  2. Firmware Version: Latest official
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

With the A11 update, is it possible to overwrite the current fingerprint app/module. In can't add my fingerprint to unlock my phone.

Running the diagnostic through the calculator states the sensor is working fine though.

Thanks.

Keep up the good work guys!

Android 11 Fingerprint
As ROG 3 is in beta testing phase let me tell you This is not beta discussions section if you are selected beta tester user, than you should see different section naming ROG 3 beta in phone community please drop your query there.
Would be easy for mods to discuss and consider your query for future beta releases.
Thanks!

ccdeguzm
Star II
Nope... not a beta tester... Just a regular user asking if that's a possible request. I thought the latest update would alleviate the fingerprint issue, but it didn't.
Thank you.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ccdeguzm

Nope... not a beta tester... Just a regular user asking if that's a possible request. I thought the latest update would alleviate the fingerprint issue, but it didn't.

Thank you.

View post
An A11 update will not overwrite your fingerprints. If you have an issue with your fingerprints, then first try to disable the fingerprint function. This should remove all your current fingerprints. If this is not possible, then i recommend you to backup all your data and factory reset your phone

ccdeguzm
Star II
So the problem is I can't even register fingerprintsin the first place.
Tried doing a factory reset and I still have the same problem.