ccdeguzmccdeguzm Level 1
edited June 12 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG3
  2. Firmware Version: Latest official
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

With the A11 update, is it possible to overwrite the current fingerprint app/module. In can't add my fingerprint to unlock my phone.

Running the diagnostic through the calculator states the sensor is working fine though.

Thanks.

Keep up the good work guys!

Comments

• As ROG 3 is in beta testing phase let me tell you This is not beta discussions section if you are selected beta tester user, than you should see different section naming ROG 3 beta in phone community please drop your query there.

Would be easy for mods to discuss and consider your query for future beta releases.

Thanks!

• ccdeguzmccdeguzm Level 1

Nope... not a beta tester... Just a regular user asking if that's a possible request. I thought the latest update would alleviate the fingerprint issue, but it didn't.

Thank you.

• An A11 update will not overwrite your fingerprints. If you have an issue with your fingerprints, then first try to disable the fingerprint function. This should remove all your current fingerprints. If this is not possible, then i recommend you to backup all your data and factory reset your phone

So the problem is I can't even register fingerprintsin the first place.

Tried doing a factory reset and I still have the same problem.

• SaifuddinSaifuddin Level 4

If its working on A10, then its something wrong with software only, do one thing , downgrade to A10 and go check if its work and then go back to A11 again , downgrade by asking steps to mods so that you dont brick anything or dont void your warranty and also tell the mod the reason of downgrade so that he dont remove your from beta and let you upgrade to A11 again, idk what steps are coz never done that officially

Dont do anything without proper instructions from mods

• SaifuddinSaifuddin Level 4
    edited May 6

Oh i didn't read your comment that you are not a beta tester, that means you are not on A11 and i wrote a big comments for no reason and it wont make any sense now , oosp🤦

@Anders_ASUS it will be nice if can you delete my both comments 😁

:) all good my friend.

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

Probably already did this, do you a have screen protector on or screen is not clean?

Or is the fingerprint reader not reading anything?

Can't even get to the point where it even scans my finger. It's just automatically says it can't scan my finger.

This discussion has been closed.