Did you mean: 

2 major things

gugul
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2102.107
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: has been occuring since the birth of this device.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System UI and every other app which is related with showing some dark colours.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
At this point, I don't even know whether I'm being impatient or everyone else is being very patient. It's been 8 months and I'm still waiting for the black crush/colour banding/red tint fix. It's getting frustrating now. What's more frustrating is lack of communication. Mods don't care to let us know what's going on and if the work is in progress or there's an ETA of when this is going to get fixed. 

It's very difficult to watch a movie which has lots of dark scenes in it. Leave alone movies, sometimes it's even impossible to set a wallpaper which has a dark gradient which is not completely black. Just be upfront about the solution. Whether this issue will be fixed or not. 

A single guy solved this issue bypassing whatever obstacles were there set by pixelwork and he had been constantly telling about his progress throughout the process. At the end everyone was happy to see that it can be solved indeed. 

Another frustrating thing is ignorance. I've seen one of the mods asking people whether they're on the latest software and if the issue still persists then take the device to service center which is absolutely rubbish. It isn't helping by any means. The issue is not going to be solved by taking the device to service center. 

Just be upfront about the roadmap or ETA so that those who can't wait will root the device and use the fix else we will be on our own. Just keeping us in a limbo isn't helping. During these tough times, watching movies somehow gives a bit of relaxation, a feeling of detachment from the outer world and if that experience is not going to be good enough or your eyes constantly getting distracted by those tedious colours on the screen which expresses discontent, then it will get just more and more difficult to deal with the situation. 

Second major thing is lack of volte/vowifi. Many people on this forum have been seen complaining regarding this issue. Especially in india we've hearing that vowifi on Airtel is in progress and soon that feature should kick in. In my opinion it should have been kicked in by now. I've seen the video of Rog 5 on geekyranjit's channel where he was seen using the airtel sim with vowifi feature. So I believe it should arrive very soon nevertheless I could not know what's the timeline range of "soon" for Asus. 

I'm exactly not complaining about the second one but many other people are. Many countries are going to ban the 3g network so it'll be useful for them at least they should get VoLTE which I believe will actually arrive soon. But my main complaint is regarding the infamous Black crush/colour banding. It's indeed getting frustrating. So please mods, at least let us know about the progress of the solution for this problem. 

@Gustav_ASUS @TITAN
23 REPLIES 23

gugul
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166023#Comment_166023

I'm 99.99999999% sure if that was the case we would at the very least see a topic here about it.

View post
Yes exactly 😂😂. This forum would have been flooded with that topic.

gugul
Rising Star II
himverma2012

Well, we got the 5th beta update and as per Asus developers, most of the bugs have been fixed. Only a few bugs related to external docks/attachments are pending. I think they're not working on the screen fix. Anyways, you can expect A11 stable update after a couple of betas, maybe in the first half of June 2021.

View post
Not even on Airtel VoWifi I guess 🙄🙄. No sign of that thing too.

himverma2012
Rising Star II
gugul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166081#Comment_166081

Not even on Airtel VoWifi I guess 🙄🙄. No sign of that thing too.

View post
Nope. Not so far

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
himverma2012

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166114#Comment_166114

Nope. Not so far

View post
So we need to wait for many more months then for these features and issues to be fixed. Really sad of us users.