This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 3 ZE520KL USB Tethering on Windows 10 not working since few weeks

zenFan
Star I
My USB tethering was working earlier. But since the last Windows automatic update or before that, I am not sure, USB tethering has stopped working. 
When I connect the phone to the laptop via USB:
 - USB Charging works well. 
 - ‘Allow file transfer’ – this option works well
 - If I turn on USB tethering, it instantly gets turned off. On the Windows Device Manager, in ‘Network Adapters’, I see that the ‘Microsoft Windows Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device’ appears. The device status in the properties of this device shows ‘This device is working properly’. But the ‘Events Tab’ shows ‘Device USB\VID_0B05&PID_7782... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match’. I am assuming that this is a Windows 10 driver issue. This is happening only since last few weeks. Earlier to that the tethering was working fine.
Anybody who is facing this issue and could get resolution please respond. BTW, I have tried the ‘update driver’ and reinstalled the Microsoft NDIS driver but this did not work. So, if you have any other workaround please mention.
Configuration details:
Zenfone3:* ze520kl is on WW_15.0410.1807.75_0
Windows 10 version: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746)
Microsoft Remote NDIS driver: Date: 21-06-2006, Version: 10.0.19041.1
Thanks in advance,
R.
1 REPLY 1

zenFan
Star I
Sorry, looks like I have posted this question in a wrong community. Appologies. I dont see a Delete button, so I think I will have to leave this as-is and post a new discussion in the Phone community.