Arcane26
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_A009
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time I attempt to charge it
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
Hi, my phone has been having a slow charging issue (with the original cord and adapter) for over a year, but was usually solvable by turning the cable over and putting it in again. However, just last night I found it literally impossible to charge it without it showing a "Slow Charging" notification. I have tried multiple cords and all show the same issue. What also makes absolutely no sense is when I accidentally leave it to slow charge overnight, no charge is actually gained and instead depletes charge faster. This left me waking up for the day with 10% battery at times. No, fast charging does not show/never had it show, and it usually takes just over an hour to charge from say 30% to 100%. It's a shame I might have to get another phone, I really really liked this one

1 REPLY 1

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Arcane26
Thank you for your asking. Is your device Zenfone V Live in 2017? Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Please try to enter "Safe Mode" and charge your phone for a night. If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
2. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
3. Please try to clean your port with compressed air can or bring it back to Repair Center for device checking.
4. Is there any zone heating up while using/idling? How long has the battery been used?