Did you mean: 

L9N0GR01F******

LindokuhleM
Star I

Waters spilled on my laptop 

3 REPLIES 3

LindokuhleM
Star I

Water spilled on my laptop keyboard almost like half a glass, is it gonna be fine or i have to take it for repairs

@LindokuhleM
If water has been spilled on your laptop keyboard, it is important to take immediate action to prevent any potential damage. 
1. Turn off the laptop: Shut down the laptop as soon as possible to minimize the risk of electrical damage.

2. Disconnect power source and peripherals: Unplug the power cord and remove any external devices connected to the laptop.

3. Dry the surface: Carefully and gently blot any excess water from the keyboard using a soft cloth or paper towel. Do not apply excessive pressure or rub the 
keys vigorously.

4. Invert and drain: Let the water drain out. This can help prevent water from seeping further into the internal components.

5. Allow it to dry: Give the laptop sufficient time to dry naturally. Do not use a hairdryer or any artificial heat source, as it may cause damage.

6. Test functionality: Once you believe the laptop is completely dry, you can try turning it on and testing the keyboard. Check if any keys are unresponsive or behaving abnormally.

If you notice any issues with the keyboard or laptop's functionality after following these steps, it is advisable to take it to our service center for futher confirmation.
The following is the contact information: https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.