This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWiFi XT9 Wired Speed

pdemicco
Star I

I just recently setup my ZenWifi XT9 and not sure what is happening.

I have a  Fiber Connection that gives me 1.2 Gbps up and 1.2 Gbps down.  That is plugged directly into my 2.5 Gbps WAN port of my XT9.

When I do a speed test on the router, I can see I am getting very close to what I expect from my ISP.  When I link a laptop directly into the router on one of the 1 Gbps ports, I am only getting about half the upload and download speeds.  The cable is ok, the laptop is ok, it appears it is something with the router.  The same cable I used to use with my Google Mesh I was able to get closer to the full speed when wired in.

Just for completeness, I have two XT9.  First one has the connection to my Fiber Modem with the 2.5 Gbps port.  The second XT9 is located elsewhere and is connected using a hardwire CAT6 from one of the 1 Gbps ports to its 2.5 Gbps WAN.

I like everything else about this product, but having the wired connection only delivering half of what it should is really troublesome.  Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @pdemicco ,

based on your issue, could you please confirm if the Ethernet cable you are using complies with the CAT6 or CAT6a standard?

Have you ensured that the router firmware is updated to the latest version?

Have you tried restarting the router or performing a factory reset?

[Wireless Router] How to reset the router to factory default setting? | Official Support | ASUS Glob...

Have you checked the settings for both the WAN port and LAN ports?

We suggest resetting all settings in the router interface to default values first and then checking if the issue still occurs. 

Thank you.