This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XT12

MikeXT12
Star I

Hi, just set up a XT12 2 unit mesh system, and it’s working well but I have a issue my last system had an IoT network that I used to connect my smart plain and lamps to, but I can’t get the to connect to to the XT I have some that have connected as the were on the main network, but. Those that were on the IoT have not connected, thought this would happen so started to reconnect the units tried as was both units running in tri network operation this didn’t work, so I switched of both 5 ghz networks and tried again still had not luck connecting them at ideas of how to solve the issue ?? Thanks for any guidance  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

philw
Star I

Don't know, depends what the problem is precisely. 

However, if you set up an IoT using "Guest Network Pro" - [ firmware version 9.*, beta...] then there's an IoT template there, which allows you to set up what you want.

My IoT stuff is almost all grungy 2.4G WiFi, and possibly some of it will try to connect to 5GHz is you use a "smart connect" concept (where you have 2.4G and 5G with the same SSID). So... I just set up my IoT to be bad old 2.4G only (that's an option in the template), and kept security at "WPA/WPA2 personal". That works for me.

If that doesn't fix it, you could try using (say) an android phone and seeing if you can get that to connect to your IoT SSID; at least with that you should see decent error messages etc. There is also the Syslog on the router which may help ("System Log").

There's no user manual for this and the UI could be better.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

philw
Star I

Don't know, depends what the problem is precisely. 

However, if you set up an IoT using "Guest Network Pro" - [ firmware version 9.*, beta...] then there's an IoT template there, which allows you to set up what you want.

My IoT stuff is almost all grungy 2.4G WiFi, and possibly some of it will try to connect to 5GHz is you use a "smart connect" concept (where you have 2.4G and 5G with the same SSID). So... I just set up my IoT to be bad old 2.4G only (that's an option in the template), and kept security at "WPA/WPA2 personal". That works for me.

If that doesn't fix it, you could try using (say) an android phone and seeing if you can get that to connect to your IoT SSID; at least with that you should see decent error messages etc. There is also the Syslog on the router which may help ("System Log").

There's no user manual for this and the UI could be better.

Thanks Phil

managed to sort it by turning off both 5 ghz networks and mesh node, and setting the kit up by the mesh node, I’ve always had issues in the past hence the use of the IoT as I can make sure the device I’m using is connected to 2.4ghz trying find to the lamps and smart plugs that use 5ghz but no luck so far.