This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 ProArt built in igpu not working on i9 -13900T

Extravaganza
Star I

I have a new Asus ProArt Z790-Creator WiFi motherboard, and i9-13900T cpu. 

If its all put together with a discrete graphic card it boots up fine.

If it take the discrete graphic card out the built in iGPU does not post. I have updated to latest Bios 1801, and reset the c-mos, and still nothing. All i get is 1 long 3 short beeps and white Q-LED is on. The error looks like no iGPU UHD 770 Graphics  VGA is supported (there is no signal in HDMI motherboard output). I need to get it working and that CPU should work as well. 

One more thing is when the discrete graphic card is in and i go to the bios you don't have an option for internal iGPU to select primary display. If anyone has a way to get it working?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Extravaganza 

In general, if the CPU supports integrated graphics, there is no need for additional settings after installation.
If the motherboard does not detect a dGPU, it will automatically output through the iGPU.
On the ProArt Z790-CREATOR WIFI, the iGPU can only be output through HDMI.
Based on the description you provided, whether it's the VGA Q-LED indicator light or the one-long, three-short beep code, both indicate an abnormality in the motherboard's display function.
We recommend checking and reinstalling the CPU to ensure correct installation and checking for any bent pins. If necessary, try cross-testing with another CPU or testing the i9-13900T on a different motherboard.

Thank you.

Thank you for the answer.

In the ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WiFI motherboard following components are installed:
RAM - Kingston KF560C32RWK2-64 Fury Renegade
SSD - Kingston SFYRD/4000G SSD Fury Renegade.
CPU - Intel i9-13900T

I have removed one DDR5 RAM module and started computer with 32 GB only - nothing has changed.
There is only one NVMe disk installed.  Should I remove it also ?

I have checked and reinstalled the CPU to ensure correct installation - nothing has changed.

I have attached CPU and LGA 1700 socket pictures to the post. Do you see any bent pins ?

I am ready to cross-test the CPU on a different motherboards. I will do it with pleasure. Please send one to me for tests.
Best regards.

I have attached a picture of installed CPU in LGA 1700 socket as well.

I have attached the picture of CPU itself - back side.