This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790-P beep speaker shrieks when rendering in CAD

rcmcdee
Star I

I just finished this build with the Z790-P wifi D4 with i9-14900K CPU. I updated the BIOS to 1645 and all seems to be working well in currently updated Windows 11.  BUT - when I attempt to do a raytrace render in my CAD software the onboard speaker starts beeping after a few seconds then stays on till the render completes 15 or 20 seconds later.  AI Suite 3 shows the CPU temps getting into the low 70c. The beep seems to start around 55c. This is hugely annoying.

Is there a way to change the threshold at which the warning starts or is there a way to disable the beep speaker?

2 REPLIES 2

rcmcdee
Star I

Included in the build is the Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti Super graphics card. Maybe this is where the shriek is coming from?

Hello, @rcmcdee 

Based on your description, does the noise start when the CPU temperature exceeds 55 degrees Celsius?
May I ask if it is limited to the CAD rendering process, or does it occur in other scenarios, such as gaming or whenever the CPU temperature exceeds 55 degrees?
To better understand your issue, could you please provide the following information:
- the images of manually adjusting items in BIOS (as below), or whether it is default

- the brand and model name of the RAM (part number and installed slots as well), SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of the problem
- provide a comprehensive video recording of the issue, capturing the system's state during the occurrence of the noise as well as the troubleshooting steps taken to resolve it.
Since temperature is involved, please simultaneously record the changes in CPU temperature.

Thank you.