This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Codes

Olly2196
Visitor

To put it simply got a new machine, second hand motherboard and RAM, when my machine is on windows desktop Screen it shows Q code of 30 but flickers randomly to 29 air 32 or 33 and so, and my machine is very slow compared to the specs it has I’d have thought it’d be a lot quicker.

also when I load up my pc everytime it says pc fan error and loads me into bios it says something along the lines of, ‘cpu fan deterxtiln error’ then goes onto say ensure it’s connected to ‘CPUfan header’ and but it is definitely on there?

ALSO sorry for how long this turned out to be as it sends me to bios everytime I load up and I have to click to manually boot my drive with windows on when I’m in bios there is a Q code A9 

just wondering with all this information what is going wrong and how to fix the speed of my machine, the bios warning and an explanation on the Q codes

thank you

specs are 

Maximus hero

I9 12900K

no GPU plugged in for now was told thatd fix this

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Olly2196 
Could you please confirm whether you are using the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO or ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO and provide the current BIOS version?

Regarding the "CPU fan detection error" message at startup, we recommend visiting the MB model's official website > Support > Manual & Document, selecting the user manual, and verifying that the CPU fan is correctly connected to the corresponding header on your motherboard.
For Intel platform motherboards showing Q-Code "A9" during startup, please refer to the [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE (Error CODE) and Troubleshooting steps.

Thank you.

Hello @Jiaszzz_ASUS 

i have the Z790 board

and I’ve 100% checked the pin is in the correct fan slot on the motherboard I’ve even tried it in each of them such as the AIO port, the thing is the fans spin but the cpu doesn’t recognize it’s being cooled

And for the last part it shows A9 in bios but I’ve tried updating bios and using that clear button or whatever the reset on my board to get it back to default

And for the final problem I have a display when in bios and I’ve tried unplugging and replugging in my HDD with windows installed to no avail